Membership Renewal and Temporary Memberships with RUSA

Alex Bachmann

Feb 28, 2023, 1:55:53 PM2/28/23
to Ohio Randos
Folks,

Every year we have at least one. A temporary membership is NOT good enough to receive credit for your ride. You need to renew or create your membership with RUSA NOW if you plan on attending our spring events!

From RUSA…

“For new members, please keep in mind that a temporary number (a string that begins with a cap T) is not sufficient to allow a person to ride a brevet. That new membership might have been submitted as being paid for via paypal, but no paypal payment is submitted. Or, the new member might have indicated they would send a check. There is no way to tell via the website if a temporary membership number has been paid for, and RUSA needs the payment before that person can be considered a member. Best advice if someone contacts you about joining RUSA is to tell them to pay via Paypal. That will speed up processing considerably. If you have an event tomorrow, and a new member tries to join by paying by check, there is little to no chance that can be processed in time (without contacting the membership team and sending payment by paypal with instructions on what to do with the check when it arrives).

If you have a question about a pending membership or renewal, please send email to membe...@rusa.org.”

-Alex B
Ohio RBA