2023 Schedule

Alex Bachmann

Sep 26, 2022, 11:49:31 AM9/26/22
to Ohio Randos
The following events will be submitted to the calendar, to be hosted by Ohio Randonneurs in 2023.

3/18 - Acp 200k /RUSA 100k
4/8 - Acp 200k X2
4/22 - ACP 300k X2
5/6 - Flèche
5/27 - ACP 400k
6/10 - ACP 600k

RUSA events will be announced later in the season. Plans for a fall 100k and possibly a few additional 200ks are in the works.

There was talk in the region about running an SR600k, and a dart. I plan to schedule the SR600 in the fall after PBP. The dart is tentative upon rider interest. Please let me know if you are interested in either of these events.

-Alex B
Ohio RBA

Jim Koegel

Nov 27, 2022, 8:04:14 AM11/27/22
to Ohio Randos
What does 'x2' mean?

Alex Bachmann

Nov 27, 2022, 9:07:47 AM11/27/22
to Jim Koegel, Ohio Randos
Two routes. One flat, one hilly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2022, at 8:04 AM, Jim Koegel <koeg...@gmail.com> wrote:

What does 'x2' mean?

Larry Graham

Nov 27, 2022, 1:13:49 PM11/27/22
to Alex Bachmann, Jim Koegel, Ohio Randos
I had hoped to volunteer to do ride support next year. But I’m working all the rides except the first 200k and the Flèche.
 I’m glad I’m not trying to qualify for PBP.

LG
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2022, at 09:07, Alex Bachmann <al...@woh.rr.com> wrote:

Two routes. One flat, one hilly.

Larry Parker

Nov 27, 2022, 2:42:36 PM11/27/22
to Larry Graham, Alex Bachmann, Jim Koegel, Ohio Randos

I would like the DART!

Jim Koegel

Feb 24, 2023, 3:48:40 PM2/24/23
to Ohio Randos
No harm in scheduling a SR600, but a sr600 is treated like a  perm. If you look at the sr600 RUSA web page they all have about a 6 month window for riding one (not just a scheduled date)  Also they have a 60 hour time limit. Not 40 hours. 2 1/2 days!
Riding this in July makes sense. Longer daylight hours, warmer nights if one plans to do a 2-3 hour lay down somewhere on  the route. Perfect prep for PBP.
Cheap motels in Cambridge for a good sleep and cleanup before the final push to the finish.
An epic ride with catnaps for 2 days...then Cambridge.
Will this route be eventually posted on the RUSA SR600 webpage?

.

Eric Peterson

Feb 25, 2023, 12:11:48 AM2/25/23
to Ohio Randos
The old SR600 program administered as permanents was made defunct as of October 2022.
The RUSA website has not been updated yet with changes for the new program, but basically as I understand it, the "new" SR600 rides must be scheduled as an ACP ride, completed within 40 hours, and have a specified amount of climbing (8000M). The climbing is less than that for the old program,  but you have less time to complete the ride.
Here is one example of the new ride:
You can find others on the main page of the RUSA website.

--Eric Peterson

Larry Parker

Feb 27, 2023, 11:57:01 AM2/27/23
to Ohio Randos

I posted on Facebook, but email might be better.  I am considering doing the “Up and Down the River”  200k, Lunken Airport to Maysville, KY;  perm #4097.

It would help my commitment if somebody wanted to join me???  There are other things I could be (should be?) doing, but I am considering R12, which would require getting an R2 ;-)

I could start around 8 but I am flexible, 7-9 am.  I think 10 hours, if we don’t stop too long, rolling at14-16mph.

Email me or text me @ 513-478-6977  if you can join me.

Larry Parker

1328