SkeptiCamp 2010 Organizing

Jen

Mar 26, 2010, 11:43:27 AM3/26/10
to Ohio Skeptics
I was trying to keep SkeptiCamp discussion to the dedicated SkeptiCamp
Ohio Google Group - because there are people involved in that who
aren't in the local group - but I didn't get much response to my call
for help organizing, so I'm reposting it here. Apologies for the
multiple messages, but I really need some people to step up and help,
otherwise I'm probably not going to be able to pull this off. I'm
pretty much overloaded with work and life in general, and I'm
struggling to pull all this together. I know everyone has a lot going
on, but if everyone pitches in just a little bit, we'll be in good
shape.

Thank you very much to everyone who has volunteered to help! You're on
the list, and I'll be contacting you individually soon.

Here's what roles I need some people to sign up to do:

Speaker Wrangler - keep an eye on people signing up for sessions, seek
out more speakers if necessary, cap the number of speakers if
necessary, and schedule speakers for the day of the event.

Communication Czar - coordinate outreach, including online social
media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc), and help prepare the event's
printed programs for the day of the event.

Party Planner - help determine what pre/after parties we'll be
holding, and find suitable locations for each.

Tech Aide - help set up and run the technical components of the
presentations.

Chroniclers - photographers, videographers, bloggers, Twitterers, etc.
We can use as many of those as possible.

Camp Quest helpers - people to stay in the Camp Quest room and help
there. Teenagers welcome. Must not hate kids.

I'm sure multiple people can fulfill each role, so if you think you
can only do a little bit, speak up, because every little bit helps.
Let me know if anyone has any questions, suggestions, comments,
anything! You can respond to this message thread or email me
personally at jmy...@ohioskeptic.com.