Save the Date: COSI "Myths of Science" Science Day!!!

Rhettfairy

Jan 19, 2010, 8:18:39 AM1/19/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Greetings fellow skeptics!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jason Smith and I work
at COSI.

On Saturday, May 15th, we are going to be doing one of our special
"Science Days", in which our shows and workshops focus on a single
topic. This particular one is called "Myths of Science", which was
conceived of by yours truly. All of the floor demonstrations are
going to be discussing the science behind specific myths and
misconceptions (examples: pop rocks and coke, water spinning in the
opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, equinox egg-balancing,
the tongue map, sound in space). There is also going to be a critical
thinking workshop, which I am still developing.

To pull off these days, we need wonderful volunteer types to help out
with the floor demonstrations (taking one of the demonstrations and
teaching it to a variety of age levels). I may also need a lovely
assistant for my workshop. I would need about 10-15 people all day
(this could be all-day shifts, half-day shifts, or a combination).
Obviously, I thought of this group as potential volunteers for this
day.

I'm not getting any specific time slots filled in at the moment, but
if anyone who thinks they may be interested in helping out, or has any
questions whatsoever, please e-mail me at jas...@mail.cosi.org so I
can get a feel for how much more help I might need.

I think that does it!

Peace,
Jason

Jen Myers

Jan 19, 2010, 8:32:54 AM1/19/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm so excited about this. Definitely sign me up to volunteer. :)

dmmaxwell

Jan 19, 2010, 12:12:14 PM1/19/10
to Ohio Skeptics
I'm in. Please add my name to the list.

Jim Frisby

Jan 19, 2010, 12:59:49 PM1/19/10
to Ohio Skeptics
I'll give it a go.

Robert Voyles

Jan 19, 2010, 9:55:25 PM1/19/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

I am interested along with my daughter Shelby (16) who may be a candidate
for lovely assistant. Her friend Jacob is interested as well. See the photo
Volunteers.jpg.

Thanks,

Bob Voyles

Volunteers.jpg

k1

Jan 20, 2010, 11:53:32 AM1/20/10
to Ohio Skeptics

This sounds great! Sign me up! Pat, my husband, may be available too!