Anyone want to join us.....

1 view

Kim B

Mar 1, 2010, 8:27:56 PM3/1/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Jeni, Kim C and I have been coming up with skeptical things we would
like to do and wanted to see if anyone in the group wants to join us.
-we are going to head to the creation museum in late march or april
-Take a class or two at mystic nirvana. Mystic nirvana is a new age
shop on bethel road that offers all sorts of new age-y classes.
http://www.mysticnirvana.com/
-Memorial Day weekend we are going to Marcon, COPS- Central Ohio
Paranormal Society is going to have a panel that we are going to
attend. As a side note why isn't there a skeptic track all the other
-cons have one anyone want to work on that with me.
-lastly, Jon Edward is going to be in c-bus in July we were thinking
about handing out pamphlets outside the theater. Maybe something
describing cold reading techniques. It is a far way off but just
wanted to put that out there.

So if anyone wants to join us let me know. You can reply this thread
or e-mail me.

Also, if anyone wants to do other skeptical things around columbus, or
has any ideas please let me know. We are always looking for more
things to do and the more the merrier.
~K

Kim B

Mar 1, 2010, 9:20:08 PM3/1/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Another thing I forgot that Jeni just posted on facebook....

http://ohiounion.osu.edu/event.asp?event=3875

On Mar 1, 8:27 pm, Kim B <martinikimbe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jeni, Kim C and I have been coming up with skeptical things we would
> like to do and wanted to see if anyone in the group wants to join us.
> -we are going to head to the creation museum in late march or april
> -Take a class or two at mystic nirvana.  Mystic nirvana is a new age

> shop on bethel road that offers all sorts of new age-y classes.http://www.mysticnirvana.com/

Sharon Moss

Mar 2, 2010, 11:55:48 AM3/2/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

The Secular Student Alliance has 6 tickets to the Creation Museum left over from their group trip last August. They're all signed by PZ Myers ;-)

The tickets need to b used within a year of last August. I'm pretty sure the SSA is willing to part with them for free. Let me know if you're interested and I'll double check.

-Sharon

ji...@columbus.rr.com

Mar 3, 2010, 12:00:21 PM3/3/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com

An outing local skeptics may be interested in is the 22nd Annual Ohio
Bigfoot Conference/EXPO held the weekend of May 14-16 (the main program
with speakers is the evening of May 15) at the Salt Fork State Park lodge
near Cambridge, Ohio. For details see
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiobigfoot/abc.html

Also, if anyone wants to do other skeptical things around columbus, or
has any ideas please let me know. We are always looking for more
things to do and the more the merrier.
~K

http://mail2web.com/ .

Kim B

Mar 4, 2010, 1:53:22 PM3/4/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Sharon-we would LOVE the tickets. If the SSA is willing to part with
them we would be so appreciative. Thank you so much!

Jim-Thanks for the bigfoot info. I can't remember when skepticamp is
going to be, but if it isn't that weekend I will definitely head to
the bigfoot conference. That sounds fantastic. Thanks!

-remember if anyone wants to come with us to any of these things the
more the merrier!

~K

On Mar 3, 12:00 pm, "j...@columbus.rr.com" <j...@columbus.rr.com>
wrote:

> An outing local skeptics may be interested in is the 22nd Annual Ohio
> Bigfoot Conference/EXPO held the weekend of May 14-16 (the main program
> with speakers is the evening of May 15) at the Salt Fork State Park lodge

> near Cambridge, Ohio. For details seehttp://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiobigfoot/abc.html

> Also, if anyone wants to do other skeptical things around columbus, or
> has any ideas please let me know.  We are always looking for more
> things to do and the more the merrier.
> ~K

oznecsad

Mar 5, 2010, 10:22:36 AM3/5/10
to Ohio Skeptics
I would really like to go to the Creation Museum.. I'll kinda need to
know a little in advance of when you are exactly going, but count me
in!

Matt

Kim B

Mar 7, 2010, 1:18:11 PM3/7/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Great Matt! thinking middle to end of April. any weekends work better
for you?

Sharon Moss

Mar 9, 2010, 1:20:27 PM3/9/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com
The SSA is willing to part with the Creation Museum tickets. Email August (aug...@secularstudents.org) to work out the details!

-Sharon

Kim B

Mar 9, 2010, 1:59:51 PM3/9/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Thanks so much!

Cary Collett

Mar 5, 2010, 11:50:30 AM3/5/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com

I'm definitely up for a trip to the CM as well.

-Cary