[Ohio Skeptics] Book Club with a twist?

1 view

Kim B

May 14, 2010, 8:50:43 AM5/14/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Would anyone be interested in a book club, where we read books from
the other side? I am thinking we could read The Secret, Dianetics,
Creationist books, Sylvia Browne, Wakefields new book, etc and then
spend some time at the library or panera dissecting the arguments.
Kim

Glenn Davis

May 14, 2010, 8:55:20 AM5/14/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com
I think that would be great fun. Not that you should schedule it around me, but FWIW my schedule is pretty much limited to weekdays between 10 and 5, or Monday or Tuesday evenings.

V   L   A   D   T   H   E   G   N   O   S   I   S   M   A   N

           "The mind is not a vessel to be filled
                    but a fire to be kindled."
                             --Plutarch

G   L   E   N   N   T   H   O   M   A   S   D   A   V   I   S

Erica

May 14, 2010, 11:00:30 AM5/14/10
to Ohio Skeptics
I would totally be interested! My time has been super limited lately
(which has probably been pretty apparently by my lack of showing up to
anything) but I would definitely try to make it to the meetings!

Erica

Jennifer Gray

May 15, 2010, 7:09:23 AM5/15/10
to ohio-s...@googlegroups.com
I love this idea!

Jen

Kim B

May 19, 2010, 2:57:37 PM5/19/10
to Ohio Skeptics
Thanks for all the feedback. I set up the event and you can rsvp on
meetup.
http://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohioans-for-Rational-Inquiry/calendar/13533639/?success=event_edit_short&eventAction=editing