[Ohio Skeptics] Fossil Hunting June 5th

1 view

Kim B

Apr 20, 2010, 3:25:20 PM4/20/10
to Ohio Skeptics
We had such a good time fossil hunting, and I know that there are lots
of people who weren't able to go with us so we are scheduling another
trip to go fossil hunting. I am posting this nice and early so
everyone can mark it on their calendars and clear their schedules. No
excuses :)

We will meet up at the Army Corps of Engineers office at 11am. We need
to get a permit (free) and told the rules for fossil hunting. Caesar
creek State Park is about one hour from Columbus so plan to leave c-
bus around 10. If you are running late, no problem just stop by the
office and get an individual permit. For those interested, a few of us
are going to pack lunches and have a picnic after the fossil hunt.

For those with children this is a family friendly event. The fossils
are everywhere so the children will have no problem finding any and
there is a pretty big playground right down the road where the
children can play when the children are done collecting fossils.

Things we learned:
bring a canvas bag to collect the fossils, plastics bags will break
no sandals
bring sunscreen there is no shade
bring lots of water
no tools are allowed or needed
bring a towel and change of shoes it can be pretty muddy

If you have any questions feel free to email me @
kbull...@hotmail.com

you can RSVP on meetup or facebook