Weekend plans

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2021, 12:12:12 PM11/18/21
to CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding

Cape Lookout looks promising tomorrow (Friday).  Then Bingen looks like it might be good again on Saturday. Anyone?

Rick

Tim Bugge

Nov 18, 2021, 12:45:58 PM11/18/21
to rick...@gmail.com, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
I’m up for Bingen Sat.

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2021, 12:50:33 PM11/18/21
to Tim Bugge, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding

Scott Michalek

Nov 18, 2021, 1:03:34 PM11/18/21
to rick...@gmail.com, Tim Bugge, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
I like it but still can’t see a way to load and be able to balance and walk with it…🤔 the ATOS especially.

Scott

On Nov 18, 2021, at 9:50 AM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OHGA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohgalist/1680659679.180910.1637257824935%40mail.yahoo.com.

John S

Nov 18, 2021, 1:03:36 PM11/18/21
to rick...@gmail.com, Tim Bugge, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
I am intrigued by the prospect of flying Bingen on Saturday. I tragically took a job on Friday.
John S

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OHGA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohgalist/1680659679.180910.1637257824935%40mail.yahoo.com.

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2021, 1:05:57 PM11/18/21
to michale...@yahoo.com, Tim Bugge, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
Require some modification.

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2021, 1:27:34 PM11/18/21
to sky...@gmail.com, Tim Bugge, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
9 miles drive (20 -25 mins)from LZ to trailhead..
First trip take 30 to 50 mins transporting glider to launch and than run or walk back to return the kayak cart back to the car (15 mins) , and than pickup harrnes, hike back to launch (20 mins)... good exercise.

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2021, 12:53:10 PM11/19/21
to sky...@gmail.com, Tim Bugge, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
No beach at CLO until late afternoon so I'm heaeing to dog instead. ETA Dog LZ at 1230pm.

Tim Bugge and l are planning to fly Bingen
 tonorrow. Bingen SE launch looks good Sunday much shorter hike to SE launch.

Rick.
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 10:03 AM, John S

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2021, 3:48:12 PM11/19/21
to jsol...@gmail.com, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding

Few hangs asked me for Bingen information:

I posted this on Ohgalist & CBCC  Google group before and few days ago. Reposting this again.

If you can join us tomorrow,  we can meet at the LZ between 10 to 1:30am.
Bingen only an hrs drive from Portland. West and SE facing  launches and new LZ is friendly for H2.  If windspeed at Hood River is  8 to10+mph usually is super easy to stay and roomy with plenty of lifts.  The down side is the hiking part.

I made this video 10 years ago showed the hiking trail to Bingen.

https://youtu.be/E4BuifFYGcs

9 miles drive (20 -25 mins)from LZ to trailhead..

First trip take 30 to 50 mins transporting glider to launch and than run or walk back to return the kayak cart back to the car (15 mins) , and than pickup harrnes, hike back to launch (20 mins)... good exercise.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 12:36 PM, Joshua Solomin
Where is Bingen? I've never flown there before but want to get in the air on Sunday.

John S

Nov 19, 2021, 6:59:10 PM11/19/21
to rick...@gmail.com, Joshua Solomin, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
Hey Rick,
I want to go. I might also bring a pg.  When Should I meet you in Bingen LZ?

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2021, 10:05:13 PM11/19/21
to sky...@gmail.com, Joshua Solomin, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
Hi John S & Joshua S,
Tim B can't make it. Idk who else is interested flying Bingen tomorrow beside us. Can we meet here (Bingen New LZ) at 10am?

Dropped pin

The Contrary road trailhead don't have much parking space so we should go up with one rig , might need to park away from the trailhead after we drop off the gears too. Do you guys have a kayak cart??

Rick

Joshua Solomin

Nov 19, 2021, 10:49:23 PM11/19/21
to rick...@gmail.com, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding, sky...@gmail.com
I can only make it on Sunday. I don’t have a kayak cart, is that a must-have for Bingen?

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2021, 11:11:12 PM11/19/21
to jsol...@gmail.com, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding, sky...@gmail.com
Tomorrow looks promising but Sunday looks like sledder kind of day and if winds direction is too east is not good for Bingen.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 7:49 PM, Joshua Solomin

John S

Nov 19, 2021, 11:13:38 PM11/19/21
to rick...@gmail.com, Joshua Solomin, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
I have a kayak cart. I can meet you tomorrow, Saturday, at Bingen LZ at 10 am.
John

Bob Horning

Nov 19, 2021, 11:14:28 PM11/19/21
to rick...@gmail.com, jsol...@gmail.com, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding, sky...@gmail.com
Wish I could go, but for the next couple days I will be on a barn roof replacing it. Don’t know what sort of launch it would make, may have to try!!

Thanks,
Bob Horning
503-319-2007

John S

Nov 19, 2021, 11:36:13 PM11/19/21
to Bob Horning, Rick L, Joshua Solomin, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
Joshua, you don't want to haul your hang glider all the way across the mountain to the west launch without a cart. For the East launch, it will be hard, but you could do it.
John S

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2021, 10:36:19 AM11/20/21
to sky...@gmail.com, Bob Horning, Joshua Solomin, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
Forecast has changed. Bingen wind looks too light by noon. Might be really good thermic conditions, or likely sledder. I think it's a better day for paragliders, so I'll pass.

Rick

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 8:36 PM, John S

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2021, 12:50:49 PM11/20/21
to sky...@gmail.com, Bob Horning, Joshua Solomin, CBCC List, Oregon Hang Gliding
Joshus,
Your shoulders will hurt like hell because the far hiking distances. Kayak cart will make it more comfortable.

Live cam of Bingen show pretty good right now.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 8:36 PM, John S