On Oct 29, 2021, at 8:43 AM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:
Zac M just got to Portland yesterday, they don't really feel like to fly today. I can fly Yaquina head today if Mark, Michael, Greg , Craig or anyone are going
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OHGA" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohgalist+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohgalist/747376019.2161209.1635522199600%40mail.yahoo.com.
On Oct 29, 2021, at 11:12 AM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:
I just arrived CLO launch at 11:11am. Blue sky , a lot of beach already and NW & NNW 8 to 10mph at the beach 15 mins ago. Current wind at launch is 10 to 15mph blowing straigh up. A lot of white caps , trees are swinging and birds are soaring. ...<Screenshot_20211029-105029_Gallery.jpg>
I flew my T2C at CLO, and also tried flying my Freedom at Kiwanda today. I missed the NW wind conditions by launching too late at CLO (@12:30pm) when wind switched north (a bit east at the beach ). Clean launch and got above launch quickly so l turned south half way to the bowl and felt a lot of scary air. Turned back north and sank quickly but was still able to maintain a bit higher than launch level. Did a few rounds and repeated the same scary conditions so I'd decided to head to the beach for landing. Hiked up to retrieve my car and headed to Kiwanda at 3pm. It was blowing 30-35 mph north. Since I parked my van a mile away, no vehicles were there to help block the winds so setting up was super hard. After a few failed attempts, I gave up and dragged the Freedom back to the car in 30 mph head wind; similar to hiking up to Bingen's launch few times. Enough cardio for me today. Heading to Cliffside now.Rick
I came home last night because I wasn't sure if anyone going to Cliffside today beside me? Don't feel like to fly alone.
On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 8:05 AM, Stephan Boutenko<sbou...@alternair.com> wrote:
Thanks for the replied john. Might be blown out or might be epic . Not my favorite Cliffside forecast for sure. Be interesting with NE wind behind the top ridge. At least wind channels east on river and launch. Next day more east but lighter, a lot of pgs traffic on Sunday.
On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 8:31 AM, John S<sky...@gmail.com> wrote: