Lake County Conditions | Drought.gov

ray berger

May 23, 2022, 11:40:43 AM5/23/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding
https://www.drought.gov/states/oregon/county/lake

Something to look forward to this summer. Wildfires. The SW USA is drying up and moving North. Medford-Bend-Lakeview drought forecast.  Ray
Cliffside 4-16-2020.jpg

greg krutzikowsky

May 23, 2022, 3:41:38 PM5/23/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding, ray berger
Yes, wildfires in the Lakeview area have been more prevalent in recent years and impacted several of my flying trips to Lakeview. This year is, as Ray is reminding us, likely to very, very dry out there and it will certainly be a consideration and may indeed impact flying there again this year.

That said, I am planning to go 4th of July and am hopeful.

Greg