CLO Wednesday plans

Neil Clark

Dec 7, 2021, 11:46:36 PM12/7/21
to OHGA list
Rick and I planning to meet at CLO between 9:30 & 10:00 tomorrow.  Low tide is at 10.
-Neil

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 11:48:25 PM12/7/21
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Low tide around 10am and high tide around 3pm.   Hopefully have enought beach for landing between sunrise to 2pm and not too foggy in the morning.

Rick

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 11:48:02 AM12/8/21
to neil...@hotmail.com, OHGA list
I arrived CLO before sunrise.  A lot of blue sky, no rain,  plenty of beach for landing (at 8:44am) , birds are soaring , ceiling is high, wind is NW 10 to13 mph at the LZ and 8 mph straight up launch. Netarts bay LZ is more WNW at 7:30. Someone cut down the big tree on the right side of the launch. See pics below. I'll launch soon.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 8:46 PM, Neil Clark

John S

Dec 8, 2021, 2:01:06 PM12/8/21
to Bob Horning, Oregon Hang Gliding, Rick L, CBCC List
Good info. Thanks for posting, Rick.  I bet you have a great day out there.   I am sick, so I will be staying at home with the puppy instead of joining you.
John Saltveit

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 9:06 AM Bob Horning <b...@horningshideout.com> wrote:
Sorry can’t join you today, looks like a perfect morning!! I wonder why that tree was cut, was not in the way of anything. Who ever did it was an amateur, did not fall the way the tree was cut. Looks like they intended it to fall up hill but went sideways. Is the top cut out? Maybe some selfish ..... was trying to get a tree for christmas and fell a whole tree for that.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CBCC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cbcclist/1150579717.5347125.1638982506967%40mail.yahoo.com.

ray berger

Dec 8, 2021, 3:59:10 PM12/8/21
to Rick L, Oregon Hang Gliding
I thought earlier you were talking tree below launch near the trail. Maybe hwy dept cut that one for the view. This tree wouldn't help us. Ray

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 4:26:37 PM12/8/21
to xcpil...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
Cape Lookout provided some super easy soaring, landing and launching conditions today plus ton of lifts.  We had plenty of beach for landing between sunrise to when l left at 1:20 pm. I had almost 3 hours of effortlessly flying with Neil. Our maximum altitude was about 2,700ft.  I'll share video later. Maybe we will head to TDM now since it's still early..

Rick 1:25pm

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 10:07:04 PM12/8/21
to xcpil...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List

Craig DeMott

Dec 8, 2021, 10:42:39 PM12/8/21
to rick...@gmail.com, ohgalist
Nice! I was kicking my self all day looking at the conditions on the coast. Congrats again for hooking a good one.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 1:26 PM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:

Cape Lookout provided some super easy soaring, landing and launching conditions today plus ton of lifts.  We had plenty of beach for landing between sunrise to when l left at 1:20 pm. I had almost 3 hours of effortlessly flying with Neil. Our maximum altitude was about 2,700ft.  I'll share video later. Maybe we will head to TDM now since it's still early..

Rick 1:25pm

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 12:59 PM, ray berger

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021, 8:48 AM rick...@gmail.com <rick...@gmail.com> wrote:
I arrived CLO before sunrise.  A lot of blue sky, no rain,  plenty of beach for landing (at 8:44am) , birds are soaring , ceiling is high, wind is NW 10 to13 mph at the LZ and 8 mph straight up launch. Netarts bay LZ is more WNW at 7:30. Someone cut down the big tree on the right side of the launch. See pics below. I'll launch soon.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 8:46 PM, Neil Clark
Rick and I planning to meet at CLO between 9:30 & 10:00 tomorrow.  Low tide is at 10.
-Neil

greg krutzikowsky

Dec 8, 2021, 10:55:25 PM12/8/21
to Craig DeMott, rick...@gmail.com, ohgalist
Well done gents! Unfortunately that 4 letter word thing that pays the bills, prevented me from joining you today. Sounds like it was good.
Greg

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 11:10:37 PM12/8/21
to greg krutzikowsky, Craig DeMott, ohgalist
It turned more west when we left around 1pm. I thought Moolack or TDM would probably be good this afternoon, but high tide was around 3pm. Plus after 3 hrs of flying, and having left home so early, fatigue was setting in and so decided to call off heading to another site. How was Moolack today? Any beach left for landing this afternoon?  Moolack and TDM probably good tomorrow too.

Craig DeMott

Dec 9, 2021, 12:07:44 AM12/9/21
to rick...@gmail.com, ohgalist
Mookack or at least Otter stayed NW most of the day. It had a tad more west real early around 8 when I went down to the Punchbowl. Perfect NW most of the day.

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2021, 12:01:19 PM12/9/21
to cde...@charter.net, ohgalist
Thanks for the information Craig. It looks like too wet to fly Moolack (or TDM) today.  Also, 13ft high waves plus high tide during late afternoon meaning isn't much beach for landing even l can make it to Beverly beach.

Rick 9am
On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 9:07 PM, Craig DeMott