CLO report 5/20

greg krutzikowsky

May 21, 2022, 12:04:54 AM5/21/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Another lovely flying day at CLO today. Haven't looked at my vario yet, but can say that I didn't get as high as yesterday, but like all I flew as long as I liked. Arrived much later today about 2 ish. Ray, Scott, Neil and Ian were all set up. Rick Christian's glider was unloaded but still in its bag and he was still setting up when I launched. Ray launched shortly after I arrived, followed by Scott, Ian, Neil and I. All had good launches. Several pgs launched and flew too & a big thanks to Mary for the ride back up to get cars. One other hg showed up before I launched, Bailey, from Corvallis flying a very nice looking Gecko who launched last after Rick was airborne. All landings were good too, plus we bagged'em dry for the second day in a row (at least for Ray, Scott and I). I flew with my camera but haven't looked at the photos yet.
Great flying day!

ray berger

May 21, 2022, 11:01:21 AM5/21/22
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Great report Greg. Looks the same today with winds 340° and 13 mph about 2:00pm.
Yesterday seemed like equal amount of paragliders as hangs. Jay Z, Big Nick, others had good flying also.
I flew about 2.5 hours and max altitude 2088. Vario readout included. 3 trips to North Point. Slightly below average CLO day altitudewise but beautiful as always. Beats dodging rain showers or total beat downs like day before. Ray

20220520_195542.jpg