No Bald Butte today

John S

May 29, 2023, 11:21:40 AM5/29/23
to Tim Bugge, Oregon Hang Gliding
The forecast has changed and it looks like it's going to be gustier.  We plan on flying there this summer, though. Keep your eyes peeled.
John

Tim Bugge

May 29, 2023, 12:01:47 PM5/29/23
to John S, Oregon Hang Gliding
Roger

Tim Bugge

greg krutzikowsky

May 29, 2023, 2:23:12 PM5/29/23
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Forecasts always change...

Looks like Prairie Mt could be good this afternoon. But likely a little late for Portland area pilots to get there in time and would be a push even for me if I headed straight to launch and had a driver lined up.

Roger

Tim Bugge

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohgalist/DA574D4C-8064-4131-BAD8-FCC25C17F23D%40icloud.com.

greg krutzikowsky

May 29, 2023, 2:26:30 PM5/29/23
to 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA
CLO might work, but it's a bit northy in the forecast. Never know if you don't go...

ray berger

May 29, 2023, 7:38:02 PM5/29/23
to John S, Oregon Hang Gliding
Parkdale? Good site we flew for years but mostly in the fall when gorge winds decreased and the North winds in the valley were not as strong. Otherwise, a serious ass kicking with mixing air was possible. Couple face plants after launches and landings. Several stories including myself when control was an issue from about launch altitude to LZ when you decide come down to land.
Can we drive all the way up to launch like we use to? It was easily reachable in my Astrovan back then, only needed high clearance. Ray

On Mon, May 29, 2023, 8:21 AM John S <sky...@gmail.com> wrote:
The forecast has changed and it looks like it's going to be gustier.  We plan on flying there this summer, though. Keep your eyes peeled.
John

John S

May 29, 2023, 8:47:59 PM5/29/23
to ray berger, Oregon Hang Gliding
That was my favorite place to fly for many years. Haven't been back in a while: kids, work, etc.
We played close attention to the forecast, and as such, never seemed to have problems. It was always reachable. FWD /clearance from the East, but I also drove up the South side with Terry Taggart once in a 2wd.