Re: [OHGA] CLO

greg krutzikowsky

Nov 15, 2021, 6:55:37 PM11/15/21
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Bit late to head there now, but looks to me like late afternoon today might have been better than what is forecast for tomorrow...
Greg

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 3:49 PM, 'Tim Bugge' via OHGA
How we liking' the directions and speeds?-123.971

Bob Horning

Nov 15, 2021, 9:04:26 PM11/15/21
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Was down at Pacific City today, wild as far as wind, 30 MPH from the south till 12:30 them 25 MPH from the North by 1 PM, quite the switch. Pouring rain though.
As far as tomorrow weather forecast is much weaker now than it was a day or two ago, If you get to CLO by 9 AM you might have a couple hours of good wind, after that no, but high tide is at 10:40, so no beach at 9-1.
Was hoping, but doesn’t look like it’s a go.
Thanks,
Bob Horning
503-319-2007
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [OHGA] CLO

John S

Nov 15, 2021, 10:45:26 PM11/15/21
to Bob Horning, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
In my experience, the wind usually blows harder at Kiwanda than at CLO, so if it's too strong, I'll head to CLO.
John S

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2021, 12:09:53 AM11/16/21
to sky...@gmail.com, Bob Horning, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List

I can't make up my mind yet. Not sure if is worth to go to Cape Lookout tomorrow???

Bingen look guarantee soarable but high chance of blown out tomorrow.

Dog look good too but after today big wind storm.  That could lead to more down trees blocking the road to launch. Chance of snow at Dog tomorrow too...

Maybe skip tomorrow and save it for Cliffside on Wednesday???

Rick

Bob Horning

Nov 16, 2021, 12:29:57 AM11/16/21
to rick...@gmail.com, sky...@gmail.com, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
Had been watching CLO for a while, all forecasts are dropping way down, so I’m not heading down. Will keep an eye out for other areas later in the week. Take care!!

Thanks,
Bob Horning
503-319-2007
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [OHGA] CLO, Dog , Bingen or wait till Wednesday???

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2021, 12:34:19 AM11/16/21
to b...@horningshideout.com, sky...@gmail.com, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
Dog got the best forecast compared with Cape Lookout and Bingen.

Bob Horning

Nov 16, 2021, 1:22:48 AM11/16/21
to Stephan Boutenko, rick...@gmail.com, sky...@gmail.com, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
I’ve heard that parts of I-5 is shut down near Blanchard? Flooding. Check road conditions.

Thanks,
Bob Horning
503-319-2007

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CBCC] Re: [OHGA] CLO, Dog , Bingen or wait till Wednesday???

Go to Blanchard tomorrow. It’s looking really good.

Stephan Boutenko

On Nov 15, 2021, at 9:34 PM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CBCC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cbcclist/1769887060.1056797.1637040851010%40mail.yahoo.com.