Fwd: Peterson's Butte Today

John S

Nov 14, 2021, 2:18:53 PM11/14/21
to Oregon Hang Gliding

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: rick...@gmail.com <rick...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: Peterson's Butte Today
To: <sky...@gmail.com>

Everyone pm ... They dont like to use Ohgalist group. Idk why?   Anyway, a big group of hangs are heading to Peterson today. Too gusty at Newberg. Already told Bob yesterday Newberg is too gusty and always sockin in the morning.  But he still want to fly Newberg alone. I arrived Peterson at 930am. Blowing 20 to 25 mph now at 10:39am . You can forward this message to Ohgalist Google group. You can text me at 503 888 9726

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 10:35 AM, John S
I didn't see any post from you, but Bob Hornung said you were going down there today. I just might join you. Any on site reports?
Thanks,

John Saltveit

ray berger

Nov 14, 2021, 2:34:02 PM11/14/21
to John S, Rick L, Oregon Hang Gliding
Where did you get the idea nobody likes to use Ohgalist for flying plans? That's a new one. Ray

Eron

Nov 14, 2021, 2:44:02 PM11/14/21
to ray berger, John S, Rick L, Oregon Hang Gliding
Good luck today - seems gusty -
Anyone know when the Oceanside open is next year ?

Eron

John S

Nov 14, 2021, 2:59:12 PM11/14/21
to Eron, ray berger, Rick L, Oregon Hang Gliding
Hi Eron,
I asked on the CPC list. They run it these days.
John Saltveit

Steve Wright

Nov 14, 2021, 3:14:38 PM11/14/21
to John S, Eron, ray berger, Rick L, Oregon Hang Gliding
I appreciate pilots posting on OHGA. Flight plans, launch conditions, flight reports, etc.  Have fun today at Peterson Butte.  Steve W. HG pilot, Bend OR

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2021, 3:35:44 PM11/14/21
to steveou...@gmail.com, John S, Eron, ray berger, Oregon Hang Gliding
Peterson OSR at 12:33pm

I just landed on top after over an hour of clouds surfing.  Got up to 2,400 ft above clouds. Launch is blowing 15 to 23mph . More than 10 hangs here today.  Sunny , warm and plenty of smooth ridge lifts.

Rick

John S

Nov 14, 2021, 4:52:28 PM11/14/21
to rick...@gmail.com, steveou...@gmail.com, Eron, ray berger, Oregon Hang Gliding
I decided not to go. I'm a rusty intermediate with a brand new puppy at home. I'm glad you had good flights.

greg krutzikowsky

Nov 14, 2021, 9:53:11 PM11/14/21
to sky...@gmail.com, rick...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, steveou...@gmail.com, Eron, ray berger
I did go to Pbutte today 11/14. Great to see so many pilots from both sides of the Cascades, Ric, Pete, Chris, Michael, Niel, Tim, Jason, Steve, & Scott  (not sure I got everyone). I flew for an hour got to about 2,650 and really enjoyed the smooth plentiful lift. Most had soaring flights and Ric was not the only one to land on top. He was already there when I showed up fairly late at about 1pm. But I watched Niel, Tim & Scott top land from the air. I missed Pete's top landing, he must have come in while I was on launch or right after I launched, because I saw him there shortly after I got in the air. I chose to land at the bottom in part because this was my first flight on the RX 3.5 since August. Fun times!!
Greg
On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 1:52 PM, John S

rick...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2021, 10:43:33 PM11/14/21
to Oregon Hang Gliding, greg krutzikowsky, CBCC List
11 hangs flew Peterson today.

Pics and video:

Maybe Cape Lookout this Tuesday.

Rick

greg krutzikowsky

Nov 14, 2021, 10:55:04 PM11/14/21
to rick...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
I can't believe that I forgot to mention Corey flew too! Especially since he graciously gave me a ride back up to get my car plus a beer and one of his awesome sticks made from his deer.