flight report

greg krutzikowsky

May 27, 2023, 10:22:03 PM5/27/23
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Niko and I flew Yaquina Head today. It was just finishing up raining when Niko got here, but wasn't long before it cleared and the wind started to pick up. We probably got to Yaqui about noon and it looked great. His glider set up so much faster than mine, and we flat barred it to set it up which makes it much easier in the wind up there. I gave him a hand launching. He had a great launch and short soaring flight before heading out to land. Although it wasn't all that windy he is a bit light on the Ventura 190 and had to keep the bar pulled in quite a bit to stay in front, so don't blame him for going out to land. I didn't launch until his short flight was over. I flew for just over half hour, got to over 700 ft and then went to land. We both had good landings, but wouldn't call either one perfect. Fun times and good to see him get some air time.
Greg

John S

May 28, 2023, 2:05:37 PM5/28/23
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
I wish one of my kids was still interested in flying.