Fw: Results of 11/20/21 HWY Cleanup

greg krutzikowsky

Nov 23, 2021, 10:22:46 AM11/23/21
to Oregon Hang Gliding

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Newport Beach Clean-ups" <beachc...@newport.or.surfrider.org>
To: "Vince Pappalardo" <vi...@innatottercrest.com>, "greg krutzikowsky" <krut...@yahoo.com>, "vincepap...@gmail.com" <vincepap...@gmail.com>, "Mark G. Forbes" <ma...@mgforbes.com>, "Craig DeMott" <cde...@charter.net>, "Mark" <markf...@comcast.net>, "Jessica Eubank" <jessica.e...@yahoo.com>, "Betsy B" <bbr...@gmail.com>, "Monito, Lindsey" <mon...@oregonstate.edu>, "Hahn, Aleah" <hah...@oregonstate.edu>, "Blockstein, Joshua" <bloc...@oregonstate.edu>, "s h" <recordsa...@gmail.com>, "ddce...@thepeoplescoast.com" <ddce...@thepeoplescoast.com>
Cc: "Newport Chair" <ch...@newport.or.surfrider.org>, "Briana Goodwin" <bgoo...@surfrider.org>
Sent: Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 10:19 PM
Subject: Results of 11/20/21 HWY Cleanup
Good evening,

Thank you all for coming out this past Saturday for our Adopt-a-Highway cleanup in partnership with the Oregon Hang Gliders Association! Not only did we have some stellar weather, but we also had a great turnout! I always forget to take pictures but I attached the few that I took.

Some highlights:
We had 15 people in total (3 OHGA, 10 Surfrider, 2 unaffiliated walk-ups 😀), and, over a two hour period, 22 bags of trash were picked up along a two-mile stretch of highway starting at Moolack Beach! It is my understanding that we had folks travel all the way from Corvallis and Yachats to attend our cleanup- many thanks for making the trip to Newport!

The two walk-ups were from Neskowin, and they just happened to be stopping by the Moolack Beach Parking area and asked for a bag to pick up trash on the beach- they came back with a bunch of fishing line and a full bag!

You all are rock stars- thank you so much for your time and effort to protect our waterways and beaches, it is greatly appreciated!

Our next tentative highway cleanup date will be in March. In the meantime, please be on the lookout for more information on our upcoming beach cleanups (hoping to do one in December).

Thank you!

Megan

P.S. I plan on sending out a similar but slightly edited email to our entire beach cleanup volunteer list to spread the good news so I apologize for the duplicate emails.

--
Megan Hoff | Beach Cleanup Coordinator, Volunteer
Newport Chapter of Surfrider Foundation

IMG_5818.JPG
IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5816.JPG