Watch "Pilot Reacts To Trevor Jacob Crash Video" on YouTube

ray berger

Jan 7, 2022, 11:13:56 AM1/7/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding
https://youtu.be/724JxkwWqA8

Accident or hoax with YouTube staging? Interesting points from Trent Palmer. Great channel.  Has anyone met this paraglider pilot in the video? Ray

rick...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2022, 12:12:45 PM1/7/22
to xcpil...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List

I like Trent Palmer comprehensive detailed analysis of Trevor video. If it was a hoax, Trevor getting exactly what he wanted which is : attention, views on his Youtube channel.... etc

Rick

Here is the original video Rick Lai sent me. Rick may need to step up his videos to compete with this guy. Ray

rick...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2022, 12:29:16 PM1/7/22
to sbou...@alternair.com, xcpil...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
Stephan,

I noticed many comments on that video stating it a hoax and that Travos is an social media attention seeker. I watched only for entertainment. Personally no time to do fact check.  I'm glad you ,  Trent Palmer and others looked into it to determine whether it was real or hoax.

Rick

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 9:17 AM, Stephan Boutenko
Definitely a hoax. Really sad to see a classic airplane destroyed like this. The FAA is investing and it could take a year, but there will definitely be consequences. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are criminal implications as well. He could have started a brush fire. The plane’s fuel tank was full at the time of the crash.

Stephan Boutenko

On Jan 7, 2022, at 9:12 AM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CBCC" group.

ray berger

Jan 7, 2022, 1:01:36 PM1/7/22
to Rick L, Oregon Hang Gliding
I think it was staged but I wouldn't bet my life on it! Ray
IMG_20140721_112802.jpg

Jason Post

Jan 7, 2022, 3:28:45 PM1/7/22
to Jorgensen’s, Rick L, Stephan Boutenko, ray berger, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
I agree a set up.  Notice the disconnected fuel selector valve.  Also there was no N number on the fuselage or wing.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, 11:14 AM Jorgensen’s <jorgen...@comcast.net> wrote:
I call it hoax, you can see from video there were places to land . Road in valley probably glide back out to large valley from the mountains

Larry Jorgensen
Advanced Images Inc.
253-380-9933c
13708 24th ST E #105
Sumner WA 98390

On Jan 7, 2022, at 9:29 AM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:

Stephan,

ray berger

Jan 7, 2022, 4:50:35 PM1/7/22
to Jason Post, Jorgensen’s, Rick L, Stephan Boutenko, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
This would be a real good place to wear a parachute and carry excessive altitude in an old Taylor Craft airplane. This is same area Steve Fossett went in from the Sierra Nevada rotor wash near Mammoth Lakes. Ray

D McClellan

Jan 7, 2022, 11:04:57 PM1/7/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding

Is this the same Trent Palmer that throws Zagis out of airplanes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14ahTwOdmo

Yup, Trevor Jacob threw away an airplane in exchange for YouTube views. Maybe insurance fraud??

Hmm. Bad dog!!

ray berger

Jan 8, 2022, 11:51:12 AM1/8/22
to D McClellan, Oregon Hang Gliding
At first I thought he had another pilot hiding in his airplane to fly it away and used a previously crashed Taylorcraft to stage the crash. Did we really ever see his plane go in? Ray

Mark Sanzone

Jan 9, 2022, 1:18:38 AM1/9/22
to D McClellan, Oregon Hang Gliding, ray berger
So he parachutes from a plane and then is able to walk over and find it after landing.
He happens to have 3 cameras on the plane running(tail, wing and dash) and recovers all of them from a crashed plane.
Also has a camera filming his whole parachute jump.

Sounds pretty fishy to me.....

ray berger

Jan 9, 2022, 10:38:17 AM1/9/22
to Mark Sanzone, Oregon Hang Gliding
Mark:
He paraglides spreading his friend ashes later. Sounds like a made for TV movie to me too. What isn't staged nowadays?
BTW, how is our pger friend Colin T. doing after his accident in the gorge? Sorry to hear about it and wish him a speedy recovery. I've been there so hope he makes it back to flying again.   Ray