Last flight of 2021

greg krutzikowsky

Dec 31, 2021, 7:30:52 PM12/31/21
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Ronan and I got our last flight of 2021 today at Yaquina Head. We thought about flying yesterday in the more westerly winds, but it was just a bit cross from the N, pretty strong, and very showery so we didn't end up flying. Today was NW in the morning and still fairly strong with some showers, but it mellowed out mid-day as the tide was ebbing so we headed out and set up. Got lighter as we were flying but we both managed to get about a half hour's air time before landing on the beach. Ro got to fly in a new to him Moyes Contour harness, his first pod type harness. All went well and we both had fun. Great way to end the year.
Greg

John S

Dec 31, 2021, 10:04:30 PM12/31/21
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Nice job, Greg. I find it hard to get many flights in this time of year, with the cold, rain and short days.  Bring on the spring!
John S