Interesting landing at Dog Mt (south side boat ramp landing) .

rick...@gmail.com

May 18, 2022, 2:16:56 PM5/18/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
Interesting flight at Dog Mt (south side boat ramp field landing)  yesterday.

Pics & video

Had a 2.5 hours flight (from 2:30 to 5 pm) at Dog Mt yesterday. Got up to 3K and counted 5 hangs and 4 pgs flying between noon to 5pm. Thermals over back bowl was good. I got bored after 2 hrs and decided to head to Elk, leaving Dog with 800 ft above launch so plenty of altitude. The flag from LZ  indicated SW winds (not good for Elk) so I didn't expect anything good there. Turns out I was sinking like a rock upon arrival at Elk, so I quickly returned to Dog  LZ. Also, had noticed a long line of new trees growing by the onshore line at Dog LZ, so instinctively thought it'd be safer landing on the big field on the south side next to the boat ramp. I've been to that field a bunch of times and always wondered how landing would be like there, now I know. I do believe I made the right call on my landing. You can view the rest from the video.

Bill Briskey

May 18, 2022, 2:56:55 PM5/18/22
to rick...@gmail.com, Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List
As usual, you set the bar (and down tubes?) high.  Nice recovery after your discovery at the LZ.
Bill B

Bill