Oceanside Open

Mark Sanzone

May 8, 2022, 11:03:54 AM5/8/22
to Cascade Paragliding Club, Oregon Hang Gliding
Friday nights forecast was pretty bleak, but it was wrong! Lots of good flights were had despite occasional showers and gust fronts. There were some exciting flights to watch as pilots struggled to penetrate the wind and make the beach. Three did not and got blown back but had safe landing.

There were flights from all over yesterday. Oceanside, Cape Lookout, Kiwanda, Tierra Del Mar, Sewage treatment plant, and even some off the beach by pilots kiting up the ridge.

Kudos to all the seasoned volunteers. After a three year gap it was business as usual. It really makes my job as the organizer doable.

Today is wet and east winds this morning but it looks be good for Oceanside by mid afternoon. Stick around if you can. Community center will open at 9 and we will have coffee brewing.

Mark