Tuesday

greg krutzikowsky

May 29, 2023, 5:34:39 PM5/29/23
to Oregon Hang Gliding
A look at tomorrow's forecasts makes me think the Prairie Mt might be good. The MM5 soundings for Corvallis mixing layer for Prairie in the NWS point forecast both look pretty high for this area. Much better that today's forecast for there. I could be persuaded to go flying if others were going to go.
Greg

John S

May 29, 2023, 8:44:35 PM5/29/23
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Sadly, I took a job for tomorrow.

On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 2:34 PM 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA <ohga...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
A look at tomorrow's forecasts makes me think the Prairie Mt might be good. The MM5 soundings for Corvallis mixing layer for Prairie in the NWS point forecast both look pretty high for this area. Much better that today's forecast for there. I could be persuaded to go flying if others were going to go.
Greg

greg krutzikowsky

May 30, 2023, 12:10:12 AM5/30/23
to Oregon Hang Gliding
Meant this to go to the group not just to Tim in case others were not familiar with the site. Probably the most under utilized thermal site we have, likely because of the distance from Portland area where most pilots live and the fairly long turn around time.

May 30, 2023, 2:27:27 PM5/30/23
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
I’m gonna check out CLO and sollie tomorrow since I’m down here / looks like more NW forecast

On May 29, 2023, at 9:10 PM, 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA <ohga...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Meant this to go to the group not just to Tim in case others were not familiar with the site. Probably the most under utilized thermal site we have, likely because of the distance from Portland area where most pilots live and the fairly long turn around time.

Neil Clark

May 30, 2023, 7:43:18 PM5/30/23
to Eron, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Hi Eron,
I’d like to get another CLO flight in before the season ends.  Maybe see you out there tomorrow.  I’ll check in with you in the morning.
-Neil

May 30, 2023, 10:41:12 PM5/30/23
to Neil Clark, Eron, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Thanks for posting. I might want to get in on a car pool, if that's available.  Do we know about the tides?
John

Eron

May 30, 2023, 10:55:48 PM5/30/23
to John S, Neil Clark, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
10:56 high tide
It’s perfect at CLO right now -
Wind already switched NW
I was hiking so I didn’t go.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Looks good all day
I’ll be up there around 11

greg krutzikowsky

May 31, 2023, 1:27:21 AM5/31/23
to Eron, John S, Neil Clark, Oregon Hang Gliding
Hope you guys get it. Prairie looks like it will be good on Thursday, but unfortunately I can't go. Maybe flying will be good somewhere this weekend.

rick...@gmail.com

May 31, 2023, 11:11:43 AM5/31/23
to neil...@hotmail.com, Eron, greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
I'm thinking about going  (Wednesday) too.

Rick 8am
Wednesday

Tim Bugge

May 31, 2023, 11:12:39 AM5/31/23
to Eron, Neil Clark, John S, greg krutzikowsky, OHGA List
Eron, you still at CLO? hHow’s it looking for today?

greg krutzikowsky

Jun 1, 2023, 12:19:09 AM6/1/23
to Oregon Hang Gliding
So, anyone go to CLO today? How did it go?

Tim Bugge

Jun 1, 2023, 12:31:40 AM6/1/23
to greg krutzikowsky, Oregon Hang Gliding
Buttery and clear up to 3k.  We all launched around 3 to 4ish. Faster winds the higher you got. I’m camped at CLO. campground. Tomorrow?

Tim Bugge

On May 31, 2023, at 9:19 PM, 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA <ohga...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

So, anyone go to CLO today? How did it go?

rick...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2023, 12:43:55 AM6/1/23
to 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA, ohga...@googlegroups.com
6 hangs and 1 pg . Much lighter than forecast. I'll share more photos later.

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 9:19 PM, 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA

Eron

Jun 1, 2023, 2:01:36 AM6/1/23
to rick...@gmail.com, 'greg krutzikowsky' via OHGA
image0.jpeg

On May 31, 2023, at 9:44 PM, rick...@gmail.com wrote:

6 hangs and 1 pg . Much lighter than forecast. I'll share more photos later.

<20230531_140517.jpg>

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohgalist/1423340359.94526.1685594599920%40mail.yahoo.com.
<20230531_140517.jpg>

Craig DeMott

Jun 1, 2023, 2:57:05 AM6/1/23
to ohgalist, greg krutzikowsky
Glass, Juice, Deluxe! Left home at 2:30 PM with my nephew from Manhattan in the Taco with Das Boat on top feeling like I was 35 again. Passing the 4 way stop in PC I get a call from sky god Rick. Ahh-loww…. Hey Craig can you come pick me up in the LZ??????? Ahhhhh… sure, it’s not blowing in???? The phone goes dead we loose contact. My nephew then asks me how high is the mountain you are going to jump off from? Oh …. about 350 feet. This strange look comes over his face not ever having witnessed this hang gliding stuff. I thought you guys launched off big mountains, and so went the explanation of how it works in the day of a hand glider pilot on the Oregon coast. When we arrived Rick had already scored a ride up by a gentleman with a delightful English accent ”Neil” who was all set up. You could see definitely a bit of apprehension on launch by all the other pilots. Eron was already up but the other folks were not convinced it was time to jump. Hec guys …. I'm here to jump! Slowly but surly each the other 4 diver guys got it up to make the leap. Rick had made the sacrifice to suck out all the bad cycles of the day. All up from here on. I have attached Ray proof photos to confirm parts of my story, and to protect the innocent.

48 years of jumping and I finally broke the 900 hour mark. How much more do I have in me?

John S

Jun 1, 2023, 3:32:24 PM6/1/23
to Craig DeMott, ohgalist, greg krutzikowsky
A lot more, I hope.

Neil Clark

Jun 2, 2023, 12:38:45 AM6/2/23
to John S, Craig DeMott, ohgalist, greg krutzikowsky
I’ll second that!

to Neil Clark, John S, Craig DeMott, ohgalist, greg krutzikowsky
I’ll second that!

[...]

<Vario.png>

48 years of jumping and I finally broke the 900 hour mark. How much more do I have in me?

<Logbook.png>

Craig DeMott

Jun 4, 2023, 4:15:21 PM6/4/23
to Eron, Neil Clark, John S, ohgalist, greg krutzikowsky
YeeeeeHaaaaaa! Brings back some fond memories of great day at the Cape. I didn’t have a clue you were coming in on that strafing run out near the north point. I just barely got a glimpse of you flashing over the top of me LYAO. :-)  Similar to a P-51 coming in on a DC-3. Nice video quality from the GoPro software.