Oceanside Tuesday report/ Sollie tomorrow

rick...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2022, 11:58:04 PM4/26/22
to Oregon Hang Gliding, CBCC List

Two flights for me at Oceanside today.

1st flight 2 hrs between 1 to 3 pm (flying alone). 2nd flight 1.5 hrs between  4 to 5:30  with Scott M in much lighter conditions.

Overall, it was similar as Sunday with more smoother air.  Made it to Back bowl, half way down to Happy Camp, 900 ft above launch (1,500 ft MSL), plenty of blue skies and bagged glider dry.

Windspeed today was much lighter than forecast predicted again. No sight of white caps when I launched at 1pm (approx 10 to 12 mph WSW and SW). Wind speed for the rest of the day kept on getting weaker. Had one PG (Rick  Ely) joined us in the sky. I made a video of the new wider walk path , I'll share video later.

Rick