Re: Invitation to Free Tesla Orchestra Performance - Makers and LaunchHouse

dave walton

Oct 31, 2012, 6:09:37 PM10/31/12
to oh2600
Hello 2600 folks. I've been involved with the Cleveland HackerSpace. We share space with the Tesla Orchestra. They are giving a concert this Sunday. If you have ever wanted to play with dual 12' tesla coils, now is your chance. Not sure if they will let spectators put on the chain mail suit and dance in the sparks, but I'm going to ask. We should have some hacker homebrew on hand as well. Come on out if you can.

-Dave Walton

Begin forwarded message:

From: Christopher Dickey <cj...@case.edu>
Date: October 30, 2012 10:33:49 PM EDT
To: darca...@gmail.com, walto...@gmail.com
Cc: Tesla Orchestra <in...@teslaorchestra.com>
Subject: Invitation to Free Tesla Orchestra Performance - Makers and LaunchHouse

Guys, could you forward this to the other members of the Makers' Alliance and anyone else based out of LaunchHouse?

Thanks!

Hi neighbor!

We are a high-tech performance group composed mostly of engineers from Case Western Reserve University. Our performance involves musical lightning bolts, which are very large sparks of electricity that we have tuned to make music.  They are produced by two giant Tesla Coils, which we built ourselves. We have done two tours of Europe, and a number of shows here in the USA.  With our most recent upgrades complete, and a move to a new location, we're doing another one!

Recently, we moved into the Shaker LaunchHouse, located at 3558 Lee Road (the former Oldsmobile dealership), and we thought we would do a free show for those involved with LaunchHouse, nearby residents and other friends. If you would like to attend, please join us at 7:30pm on Sunday, November 4th at the Shaker LaunchHouse. In the case that it is raining that day, we will be rescheduling the performance for 7:30pm on Saturday, November 10th.

Hope to see you there!

dsc_3532.jpeg