Too late for article on Luntz co-opt Occupy language?

1 view

TK

Dec 7, 2011, 6:20:13 PM12/7/11
to OH Newspaper Discussion, kka...@earthlink.net, mass...@windstream.net
If there is still time (and if someone hasn't already addressed this),
I could try and form an article on why being/having our own media is
important.

From RSN article: QUOTE "Frank Luntz, ...told the Republican
Governors' Association that he was scared to death of the Occupy
movement and recommended language to combat what the movement had
achieved.

When Luntz says he is "scared to death," he means that the Republicans
who hire him are scared to death and he can profit from that fear by
offering them new language. Luntz is clever. Yes, Republicans are
scared. But there needs to be a serious discussion of both Luntz's
remarks and the progressive non-response." END QUOTE

An article on media monopoly would go with the image I sent of the 4
TIME Magazines covers for Europe, Asia, South Pacific and the US. On
the covers of the Europe, Asia, SP issues was an image of the
worldwide protests with a protester wearing a gas-mask and holding up
his fist in defiance The headline was Revolution Redux. The US issue
did not follow suit and instead on its cover featured a little cartoon
man with the headline Why Anxiety is Good for You.

I sent the image directly to Massoud as I don't see how to post an
image here.

Full article of quote above here:
http://www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/8777-focus-words-that-dont-work