Tomorrow (Wednesday): Ruby and FaaS w/ Demo + Scaling to 2 Billion Messages per Day

Michael Prendergast

Sep 18, 2018, 7:18:13 AM9/18/18
to Ottawa Ruby

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6pm, **on Floor 14, room 14F-Twister**, we have two great discussions / talks for you:

  1. Tamimi Ahmad will be hosting a panel / discussion on “When Ruby and FaaS (Function as a Service) Meet,” with Paulo Arruda joining to demo a FaaS platform he built (see it at FaaStRuby.io).

  2. Cory Darby will be giving us a talk on Building Our Analytics Reporting Layers To Cope With 2+ Billion Messages a Day.

Details are included below, and also on the meetup event page. The summary version is:

  • Mingling starts at 6pm, talks start at 6:30pm
  • Food kindly sponsored by Fullscript (they help healthcare practitioners dispense their supplements, without having to handle any inventory)
  • Space kindly sponsored by Shopify (they help you setup a shop to sell products online)
  • Drinks and snacks kindly sponsored by SpeedyRails (a cloud-hosting platform for Rails developers, with a DevOps Support option)

If you plan on attending, please RSVP on the Meetup event page, so we can plan things out:

  —> https://www.meetup.com/OttawaRuby/events/dzvdppyxmbzb/

Hope to see you all there!

Thanks,

The Ottawa Ruby Team

P.S. Here are the details for the talks and meetup...