SRA/ENA acession numbers

Andrew Collins

Mar 22, 2019, 5:47:21 AM3/22/19
to OGRDB Discussion
Hi William,

In reviewing the Level 1 sequences prior to publishing, it seems that the SRA/ENA acession numbers are presently only recorded because Mats has been noting this in the Notes section. If the recording of this information was more formalized, it would probably a facilitate the accurate and complete documentation of the sequences. Does that make sense?

Andrew

William Lees

Mar 22, 2019, 10:23:06 AM3/22/19
to ogrdb-di...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

The information is recorded in a more structured way, in the submissions that underlie the inferred sequences. On the Submission Details tab, in the list of Inferred Sequences, clicking on the 'glasses' icon to the left of the sequence name will show you both the accession number and the read sets. The reason the information is held in the submission is that, if we had multiple submissions for the same allele, each one would have its own set of accession numbers.

I could, perhaps, put a table in the Sequences record, summarising the accession numbers from the underlying submissions. Certainly this would be preferable to putting the information in free text in the Notes.

All the best

William

Andrew Collins

Mar 24, 2019, 11:35:20 PM3/24/19
to OGRDB Discussion
Of course. Thanks William, I should have been able to find that myself! I don't think you should change things at this stage. I just need to spend more time exploring and learning.

Andrew