FMMM layout version

David Duke

Mar 10, 2022, 6:53:10 AM3/10/22
to ogdf

I'm trying to locate aversion of OGDF that includes the FMMM method.

Thewebsite page

https://ogdf.github.io/doc/ogdf/classogdf_1_1_f_m_m_m_layout.html

suggest the 2002 release had it however on unpacking the zip file I

could not locate the header.

I looked in the 2022 release but it is ot present. It was in

some release, has it ben dropped for some reason? Could

someone please point me to a version with it.

thanks,

David Duke.

MMMExampleFastLayout.h

Dagobert Smart

Mar 10, 2022, 8:06:38 AM3/10/22
to ogdf
Dear David Duke,

maybe I misunderstand your question, but `FMMMLayout` was not removed. When I download https://ogdf.uos.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/ogdf.v2022.02.zip and unzip it, the contents include `.../OGDF/include/ogdf/energybased/FMMMLayout.h`.
Or are you searching for a different file/class?

Best regards,
Dagobert

David Duke

Mar 11, 2022, 5:52:35 AM3/11/22
to ogdf
Thanks Dagobert. The upload includes FMMMLayout.h
However The file I'm looking for is MMMExampleFastLayout.h
I'm still unable to find it.

regards,
David

Dagobert Smart

Mar 11, 2022, 6:18:23 AM3/11/22
to ogdf

The latest release that still includes that file is snap-2017-07-23:
https://ogdf.uos.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ogdf-snapshot-2017-07-23.zip

The porting guide for Catalpa states:

Some very simple example layout algorithms (using the ModularMultilevelMixer) were removed.
This includes MMMExampleFast, MMMExampleNice, and MMMExampleNoTwist.
The respective code can still be found in doc/examples/layout/multilevelmixer.cpp.

On a cursory glance, it seems like you can use the fast layout with “2” as an argument for the example binary:

./ex-multilevelmixer 2

However, this always layouts the file uk_Pack_Bary_EC_FRENC.gml as the filename is hardcoded.
Hopefully, this helps you.

Best regards,
Dagobert

Dagobert Smart

Mar 21, 2022, 6:48:13 AM3/21/22
to ogdf

A small correction concerning my last mail here: The latest release that still contains MMMExampleFastLayout.h is actually snap-2017-02-16 (not snap-2017-07-23).
https://ogdf.uos.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ogdf-snapshot-2017-02-16.zip