problem using OGDF

David Duke

Sep 9, 2020, 4:17:09 PM9/9/20
to ogdf
I'm trying to rebuild a project that uses OGDFon a new machine.
The problem I'm getting is:

/usr/local/include/ogdf/basic/math.h:36:10: fatal error: 'ogdf/basic/basic.h' file not found

#include <ogdf/basic/basic.h>

My basic.h is installed in /usr/local/include/ogdf/basic/

and that path plus prefixes is in my PATH

I'm using Darwin o OSX 10.12.6

I've got OGDF 'Catalpa'. I also tried the  'Sassafras release which  was the version that I had previously used.

Appreciate any suggestions..

thanks

David Duke

Dagobert Smart

Sep 10, 2020, 9:22:35 AM9/10/20
to ogdf
Hello David,

I assume you have installed the OGDF via `make install`.
The compiler does not seem to find your include directories. When you compile your user code, you can specify them via the -I option of your compiler, e.g.

g++ -std=c++11 -I/usr/local/include my_source_code.cpp -o output_binary -lOGDF -lCOIN

As a side note: The PATH variable is completely unrelated to the specification of include directories containing header files. Instead, PATH is used to specify directories that contain executable programs you can use in your shell.

Best regards,
Dagobert

David Duke

Sep 10, 2020, 10:24:22 AM9/10/20
to og...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
Yes I did make install for OGDF.
I'm familiar with -I. Its not easily applicable here as I'm building  a VTK module which
uses CMake to generate Makefiles. I have added the OGDF dirs to the appropriate variables
I may have to dig more into the Makefile and tweak if necessary. I hadn't recalled this problem in  the
past so wondered whether something had changed in the OGDF release that others might have
noticed.
thanks,
David

David Duke
Emeritus Professor of Computer Science
School of Computing University of Leeds UK