Generic Qt-Library, which is *not* a wrapper

Edgard Schmidt

Feb 20, 2019, 12:17:44 AM2/20/19
to og...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I forked a Qt wrapper for Graphviz, called qgv [1], in order to
implement a C++ Qt library which renders OGDF (cluster) graphs within an
interactive viewer.

However, my fork does not provide any methods for manipulating or
layouting the graph. Instead, it just takes OGDF attribute instances and
tries to visualize them properly. So it allows you to render your stuff
while still allowing you to work with the OGDF structures, which gives
you much more flexibility, I guess.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think qml-ogdf [2] does not provide such a
possibility. So I thought, you might be interested into this.

Unfortunately, it turned out OGDF is not the right thing for me. Thus, I
won't maintain this library. Besides that, the library is still a bit
incomplete:
* The build system is probably a mess now
* Only a small set of attributes is interpreted
* Due to the aborted forking process, I have not renamed all the classes
etc.. Let yourself not be confused.

Compare the comments in the readme.

The repository: https://github.com/3dik/qgv
The API headers:
* https://github.com/3dik/qgv/blob/master/QGVCore/QGVScene.h
* https://github.com/3dik/qgv/blob/master/QGVCore/qgv.h
Main code of the sample application:
https://github.com/3dik/qgv/blob/master/Sample/MainWindow.cpp

Feel free to ask, if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Edgard

[1] https://github.com/nbergont/qgv
[2] https://github.com/schulzch/qml-ogdf