Eureka! b26 posted

Preston Holmes

Mar 23, 2008, 1:43:09 AM3/23/08
to OFTD
Well folks,

I'm pretty sure I tracked down this issue!

There had been a change to the XML returned by Toodledo that only
applied to non-paid accounts. (this is when things just "stopped
working")

I guess most of you are on the free account ;-)

My earlier "clean" test that worked had used my wife's Toodledo
account, and that was paid also, so I hadn't seen the error.

Tonight I tried another fresh attempt to reproduce the error,
including creating a new Toodledo account. Lo and Behold I started
seeing the errors reported here! I've never been so happy to see an
error before...

A quick diff of the XML returned from this new account and my account
revealed the difference.

I had been using a quick but lazy way of stuffing the XML returned by
Toodledo into a simple array, but the difference was resulting in an
inconsistent order. So I reworked things to use a key/value record.
I also cleaned out a bunch of the debugging code I had in there.

In my quick tests it all seems to work again for both free and paid
Toodledo accounts.

I recommend doing a reset (using the utility in the download) before
you install the new version, so that your Toodledo account is clear of
any older sync attempts.

And if it does work for you, and you like this, consider ponying up
for the Toodledo pro account. Part of why I picked Toodledo for this
project over other online Task apps, was its very reasonable approach
to a fee.

-Preston

Mark Shropshire

Mar 23, 2008, 7:41:57 PM3/23/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
Preston,

It is working beautiful for me. I have missed it. Thanks so much for
the hard work on this!

Mark

gavinoregon

Mar 24, 2008, 12:16:59 AM3/24/08
to OFTD
Preston,
I've been testing it throughout the day. At first I thought there were
some hiccups (inconsistencies) syncing new tasks in TD back to OF. Now
it seems to be working consistently though. I know for sure that those
annoying error messages are gone!
Thank you very, very much for your efforts.
G.

Lee

Mar 24, 2008, 12:54:30 PM3/24/08
to OFTD
I'm still not getting all of the tasks from the perspective I've set
in OFTD...

I'm getting this in the log:

3/24/08 9:44:19 AM OmniFocus[7498] .sdef error: Operation could not be
completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 1549.)
3/24/08 9:44:19 AM OmniFocus[7498] line number: 2
3/24/08 9:44:19 AM OmniFocus[7498] .sdef error: Operation could not be
completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 1549.)
3/24/08 9:44:19 AM OmniFocus[7498] line number: 2

I went in and added a space on the end of about 25 tasks and added 4
new tasks. It did sync the 4 new tasks but it said only 4 updates
found when there should have been 29. It seems like it is skipping
projects for some reason.

Is there a log file from the script that might give more information?

Lee

Tim

Mar 24, 2008, 1:28:32 PM3/24/08
to OFTD
I have downloaded the new build and when I run the install script, I
am asked if I want to set preferences. I say yes and then nothing
happens -- no option to input my account info etc.

I am running latest version of Leopard on MB Pro and latest version of
OF.

Ideas why the script won't work?

Timothy Roy

Mar 24, 2008, 5:25:42 PM3/24/08
to OFTD
OK.  I managed to get the scripts installed, preferences set, and my first synch to TD.  This is all good.

However, two things happen:

1. Contexts do not appear in TD and I am not sure why.  I even created a perspective based on context.

2. When I run the synch toolbar button in OF, it runs the synch and then freezes OF.  I must force quite to restart.  It will work  fine until I try to synch again and then it freezes the application.

Any ideas on either of these?

Thanks.
--

________________________________

Timothy Roy
e. tim...@gmail.com
m. 401.952.7996

nigelm

Mar 25, 2008, 6:08:52 AM3/25/08
to OFTD

On Mar 24, 9:25 pm, "Timothy Roy" <tim....@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Contexts do not appear in TD and I am not sure why.  I even created a
> perspective based on context.

Toodledo appears to have one class of categorisation (the Folder),
unlike Omnifocus which has 2 (Project and Context). OFTD basically
has to choose one way to categorise things and goes with mapping
Omnifocus Project to Toodledo Folder. I have to say I would probably
prefer to map Context instead, but thats the choice Preston has
currently made.

I'm wondering about hacking OFTD to use Context (ideally as a
configuration choice), but its not at the top of my todo list right
now...

> 2. When I run the synch toolbar button in OF, it runs the synch and then
> freezes OF.  I must force quite to restart.  It will work  fine until I try
> to synch again and then it freezes the application.

I'm not seeing this. However OF is unresponsive whilst OFTD is doing
its stuff - which can be a minute or so - until you get the
notification that its finished (growl in my case).

This new beta certainly seems to have fixed the sync problems for me,
although I have not gone for heavy testing as yet....

Nigel.

Tim

Mar 25, 2008, 4:04:27 PM3/25/08
to OFTD
Final Issue:

My tasks are synching from OF to TD without issue, but OF still
freezes for about 10 minutes and then returns the following error:

"AppleScript reported the following error:
Error creating task in TD"

I REALLY want to use this tool, but need to figure out how to solve
this problem.

Help!

nigelm

Mar 25, 2008, 4:29:01 PM3/25/08
to OFTD
I got a response from Preston (who is mostly off-net at present),
effectively pointing out I am talking rubbish :-)

On Mar 25, 10:08 am, nigelm <nigel.methering...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 9:25 pm, "Timothy Roy" <tim....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1. Contexts do not appear in TD and I am not sure why.  I even created a
> > perspective based on context.
>
> Toodledo appears to have one class of categorisation (the Folder),

Thats wrong - Toodledo has contexts as well. You need to add them
into the standard Toodledo view by adding a column.

Somehow I'd missed that Toodledo is doing the complete GTD style of
working and thought it was just a basic todo list.

Nigel.

Timothy Roy

Mar 25, 2008, 4:56:21 PM3/25/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
Perfect!  Just added it and am even happier.

Now, I just want the damn synch script to work without freezing OF!

menge...@googlemail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 3:58:33 AM3/26/08
to OFTD
I have the same problem with freezing OF.
And changes in toodledo are not snyced in OF.
After 10 minutes freezing I got this:

AppleScript reported the following error:
Error retrieving list of TD Folders

And OF overwrites all changes in Toodledo.

But except for these problems I really like the possibility, to use OF
on my iPhone!
Thank you!

On 25 Mrz., 21:56, "Timothy Roy" <tim....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perfect!  Just added it and am even happier.
>
> Now, I just want the damn synch script to work without freezing OF!
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM, nigelm <nigel.methering...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I got a response from Preston (who is mostly off-net at present),
> > effectively pointing out I am talking rubbish :-)

> > > Toodledo appears to have one class of categorisation (the Folder),
>
> > Thats wrong - Toodledo has contexts as well.  You need to add them
> > into the standard Toodledo view by adding a column.
>
> > Somehow I'd missed that Toodledo is doing the complete GTD style of
> > working and thought it was just a basic todo list.
>
> >   Nigel.
>
> --

> Timothy Roy
> e. tim....@gmail.com