Is it working for anyone?

presto...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2008, 7:24:28 PM3/21/08
to OFTD
I know numerous people are getting errors. Many if not all of these
people had everything working fine and then it just "broke" - so it
wasn't a direct change to the script, but something about one of the
players (OS X, Toodledo, OmniFocus)...

I can NOT reproduce the sync errors on two machines that I've tested
it on (my primary machine, and another test machine set up as a clean
setup).

So at this point I'm a bit stuck and feel pretty frustrated.

I'd like to know if it is working still for anyone, that will help me
further nail this down to something specific that might be on my
machines, or if it truly is an erratic glitch in the Applescript
runtime...

-Preston

obyor

Mar 22, 2008, 5:13:46 AM3/22/08
to OFTD
It's not working for me. I guess the script is not capable to work
with german umlauts. Words are incomplete in tasks, projects and
contexts. E.g. the word "löschen" (german for "delete") will become
just "l" in Toodledo. Is that reproducable?

Obyor.

kirk

Mar 22, 2008, 10:37:56 AM3/22/08
to OFTD
Preston, can you make changes or add tasks in TD that then sync with
OF without error? What specifically can I provide you that will help
you troubleshoot the issue?

hack...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2008, 8:30:32 PM3/22/08
to OFTD
No, Preston it is still not working for me either. I cannot add or
update any tasks through toodledo. I just gives me a "missing value"
in my inbox without any context or any other information.

gavinoregon

Mar 22, 2008, 8:40:35 PM3/22/08
to OFTD
Preston,

Your continued are efforts are much appreciated!

For me, the most recent OFTD appears better with OF->TD syncs.
However, it continues to struggle TD->OF syncs from the git go. If an
item is checked off in TD, the subsequent sync generates the following
message:

Can't make characters 11 thru -1 of ["TASK NAME"] into type Unicode
text.

I can't say that the OF->TD sync is working 100%. My recollection is
that when I installed b25 a few days back it didn't consistently work.
Now it seems to be better. Weird.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm rooting for you.

G.