Sync Error

menge...@googlemail.com

Mar 25, 2008, 6:40:12 AM3/25/08
to OFTD
Hi,
I have the newest version of Toodledo-Sync, but if I try to sync it
lasts minutes and then I got
the message:
AppleScript reported the following error:
Can't make characters 6 thru 10 of "0" into type string.

or

AppleScript reported the following error:
Invalid date and time 03-25-2008 false.

Anyway some tasks are synced, some not.
Tasks which I checked in Toodledo are not checked in Omnifocus.

Maybe my german system is the problem?

TiA

menge...@googlemail.com

Mar 25, 2008, 8:04:28 AM3/25/08
to OFTD
New Error message:

AppleScript reported the following error:
Error retrieving list of TD Folders

Timothy Roy

Mar 25, 2008, 8:20:30 AM3/25/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
Update:

My actions ARE synching to TD, but when I run the toolbar script, OF freezes for about 10 minutes and then returns to normal.  I receive the following error:

"The script 'Sync Toodledo' could not complete." with the additional info:

"AppleScript reported the following error:

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"

I love the idea of this tool and want to use it, but can't have OF frozen for 10 or 15 minutes every time I synch.  DOes anyone have any ideas on what is happening here?
--

________________________________

Timothy Roy
e. tim...@gmail.com
m. 401.952.7996

menge...@googlemail.com

Mar 25, 2008, 9:45:16 AM3/25/08
to OFTD
@Timothy

same with me. OF freezes, but syncing seems to work.

On 25 Mrz., 13:20, "Timothy Roy" <tim....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Update:
>
> My actions ARE synching to TD, but when I run the toolbar script, OF freezes
> for about 10 minutes and then returns to normal.  I receive the following
> error:
>
> "The script 'Sync Toodledo' could not complete." with the additional info:
>
> "AppleScript reported the following error:
>
> curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"
>
> I love the idea of this tool and want to use it, but can't have OF frozen
> for 10 or 15 minutes every time I synch.  DOes anyone have any ideas on what
> is happening here?
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:04 AM, menge.da...@googlemail.com <
>
> menge.da...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > New Error message:
>
> > AppleScript reported the following error:
> > Error retrieving list of TD Folders
>
> --
>
> ________________________________
>
> Timothy Roy
> e. tim....@gmail.com
> m. 401.952.7996

chadb...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 9:18:44 AM3/26/08
to OFTD
Timothy,

(I'm going to take a stab at your problem, since I don't know if I can
help David)

The 'curl' error seems to suggest that you can't find the toodledo.com
site. I noticed you piggybacked on this thread where David mentioned
he's using a German system... are you as well? When you're trying to
sync, can you get to toodledo.com just fine?

-Chad

On Mar 25, 7:20 am, "Timothy Roy" <tim....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Update:
>
> My actions ARE synching to TD, but when I run the toolbar script, OF freezes
> for about 10 minutes and then returns to normal.  I receive the following
> error:
>
> "The script 'Sync Toodledo' could not complete." with the additional info:
>
> "AppleScript reported the following error:
>
> curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"
>
> I love the idea of this tool and want to use it, but can't have OF frozen
> for 10 or 15 minutes every time I synch.  DOes anyone have any ideas on what
> is happening here?
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:04 AM, menge.da...@googlemail.com <
>
> menge.da...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > New Error message:
>
> > AppleScript reported the following error:
> > Error retrieving list of TD Folders
>
> --
>
> ________________________________
>
> Timothy Roy
> e. tim....@gmail.com
> m. 401.952.7996

Timothy Roy

Mar 26, 2008, 10:10:22 AM3/26/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
Chad,

I am not using a German system.  I am running an english (US) version of OF.  I use a new MBP and the latest version of Leopard.

The curl error was a one time thing.  The primary error I receive (after OF freezing for about 10 minutes) is the following:

"AppleScript reported the following error:
Error creating task in TD"

Interestingly, the script is, in fact, synching OF tasks to TD.  So it works, but it just freezes my system and takes a long time.  I assumed that the script should run in a minute or two depending on number of tasks etc.  I also do not receive a GROWL or other notification -- probably because the script crashes.

Looking forward to working this out.  Thanks!

Tim
e. tim...@gmail.com
m. 401.952.7996

Preston Holmes

Mar 26, 2008, 12:15:55 PM3/26/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure why the script is stalling when running from the toolbar.

Scripts run from the Toolbar are run from OmniFocus' context - introducing some issues that make it hard to debug.  I'm having none of the freezing issues here (of course).

A workaround is to just open the file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.ptone.OFTD_lib

in script editor and click the run button.

You could also copy this file into a scripts folder if you have the script menu enabled and run it that way. (Sorry that's not fully explained, but if you know what it means its an option).

The way to see what part of the script it might be stalling on is to open /Applications/Utilities/Console, then click on system.log in the log list, and type "OFTD" in the find/filter box in the toolbar.

You should see output like this:

Mar 26 09:05:20 Element OFTD[983]: ________________________Run: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:05:20 AM Last Synced: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:05:13 AM
Mar 26 09:05:20 Element OFTD[985]: Retrieving Key
Mar 26 09:05:20 Element OFTD[990]: Syncing new tasks...
Mar 26 09:05:21 Element OFTD[991]: Checking for new/modified tasks in iPhone1
Mar 26 09:05:22 Element OFTD[1025]: 0 OmniFocus tasks added or modified since last sync
Mar 26 09:05:22 Element OFTD[1027]: 1 Toodledo tasks added or modified since last sync
Mar 26 09:05:22 Element OFTD[1029]: Updating Task: TD>OF  NewOFTask2
Mar 26 09:05:22 Element OFTD[1030]: TD Task Modified: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:05:18 AM

As a final question for those that are seeing the freeze - do you have many completed tasks in the perspectives you are syncing?

-Preston

Timothy Roy

Mar 26, 2008, 3:16:23 PM3/26/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
I opened the system log and found the following while running the synch:

<<Mar 26 15:09:14 valdaro-2 OFTD[25060]: Retrieving Key
Mar 26 15:09:15 valdaro-2 OFTD[25065]: Syncing new tasks...
Mar 26 15:09:15 valdaro-2 OFTD[25066]: Checking for new/modified tasks in all
Mar 26 15:09:17 valdaro-2 OFTD[25147]: 79 OmniFocus tasks added or modified since last sync
Mar 26 15:09:45 valdaro-2 OFTD[25158]: 76 Toodledo tasks added or modified since last sync>>

I have not made any substantial changes to either OF or TD yet it appears that the script see everything as new and thus is doing some lengthy merge/purge of the entire DB.  SOme of my tasks have somewhat verbose notes fields (I use a script to move email from Entourage into my inbox) and so I see a lot of text flying by.  Still, I don't know why it is diffing the whole DB when very little or nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Also, I could not find this script anywhere:

~/Library/Preferences/com.ptone.OFTD_lib

Thanks.

Tim

Timothy Roy

Mar 26, 2008, 4:06:38 PM3/26/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
MORE INFO:

So, my read of this problem is that the script is essentially reading my entire OF file into TD every time and then reading the TD file into OF.  It is not finding the changes, just doing an entire overwrite.  The script is hanging because it seems to be too large a file and thus is unable to complete.

Make sense?

how do I fix it?

Thanks so much!  I really want this to work.

Tim

Timothy Roy

Mar 26, 2008, 10:29:39 PM3/26/08
to of...@googlegroups.com
Got it!

Using the console, I watched a synch take place and saw that one task that has a very large notes field caused the system to hang until the script crashed and shut down.  Killing the notes field on that record fixed the problem.  Not sure of the length that caused the problem, but could probably do a character count to give you that information if it would be helpful.

Synch back and forth is now perfect and very speedy.

Thanks for the tips.

Tim

menge...@googlemail.com

Apr 18, 2008, 11:33:53 AM4/18/08
to OFTD
I have still the same problem:
Apple Script Error: Error retrieving list of TD Folders

So the changes in Toodledo are not synced to OF.
Any idea?