b23 posted

Preston Holmes

Mar 13, 2008, 1:39:00 AM3/13/08
to OFTD
This update fixes the bug in the time offset code not being able to
know whether the Toodledo server also adjusts for Daylight Savings
time. Luckily, Toodledo added an API call to check the server time
last week!

Although I can not reproduce the other syncing bugs, I have a hunch it
has to do with some problem Applescript is having with de-referencing
lists.

I've added some steps that I hope will work around this and end errors
that contain references to "missing value" and "rich text"

-Preston

nigelm

Mar 13, 2008, 11:30:40 AM3/13/08
to OFTD
I'm seeing the same type of sync problems as previously reported by
others with b23 (I had seen them with previous versions, but not had
time to start chasing them down).

I did a fresh install, cleaning out my Toodledo account and resetting
all the sync settings, I also forced a compile of ~/Library/
Preferences/com.ptone.OFTD_lib.scpt.

An initial sync worked OK.
A subsequent sync, having changed nothing, also went OK.
I then marked 2 tasks as complete on Toodledo - ie just ticked them,
and synced again

Got a dialog:-
The script 'Sync Toodledo' could not complete.
AppleScript reported the following error:
Can't make characters 11 thru -1 of "2008-03-14" into type Unicode
text.

In the log is:-
13/03/2008 15:20:15 OFTD[17015] 0 OmniFocus tasks added or modified
since last sync
13/03/2008 15:20:16 OFTD[17017] 2 Toodledo tasks added or modified
since last sync
13/03/2008 15:20:16 OFTD[17019] Updating Task: TD>OF 19120980Check
new evault optimize parserOFTD124477PC02008-03-132008-03-13
10:19:422008-03-1411:59 pm2008-03-1300000

One thing I was wondering about... would it not be better if the
Contexts mapped to Toodledo folders rather than projects?
in fact one thing that may cause problems on my system is I have at
least 2 identically named OF projects in different folders (I have a
Home/General and a Work/General).

Nigel.

Michael C.

Mar 13, 2008, 9:51:04 PM3/13/08
to OFTD
I am using the latest version of the OFTD script and OF 1.0.1 (just
released today).

The first sync to a blank toodledo works fine. But as before, if I
add a task to TD and then sync, i get the error:
Can't make missing value into type rich text.

-Mike

gavinoregon

Mar 14, 2008, 12:45:01 AM3/14/08
to OFTD
I'll add my voice to the mix. I'm having the same script/sync errors
as everyone else reports, with b23 and OF 1.0/final-v77.1.2.

It's heartbreaking and frustrating because when it worked, it was the
most effective and efficient way to keep tasks in sync on the go that
I've ever had.

nigelm

Mar 14, 2008, 5:27:50 AM3/14/08
to OFTD
One thing to add...

Updated to the OmniFocus 1.01 release version today - OmniFocus 1.0.1
(v77.1.4.0.98233)

This mentions some AppleScript fixes in the release notes.

However I am still seeing the same sync issues.

Nigel.

shrop

Mar 14, 2008, 3:56:05 PM3/14/08
to OFTD