MPD Investigating Canal Street Southwest Shooting

Press, MPD (MPD)

Jul 19, 2024, 2:43:46 AM (3 days ago) Jul 19

July 19, 2024

MPD Investigating Southwest Shooting

WASHINGTON, D.C. –  Just before 11:30 p.m., First District officers were monitoring a basketball game in the 1200 block of Canal Street, Southwest. As the game ended, officers were walking through the basketball court and heard gunshots. As a result, an officer was injured and was transported to an area hospital for evaluation.

A woman was transported by DC Fire and EMS to an area hospital with a gunshot wound and is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries. A short time later, another woman arrived at an area hospital and reported that she been shot in the area of the 1200 block of Canal Street, Southwest. She is also being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Investigators in our Real Time Crime Center immediately combed through cameras in this area and located footage of a red SUV leaving the scene. We urge anyone with any information that can help our detectives to call us at 202-727-9099 or text us 50411.

###

07.19.24 Canal Street SW Shooting Investigation .pdf