Budget for accounting job

Miguel Morin

Jul 16, 2021, 2:35:42 PM7/16/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hi all!

I'm doing the annual filings with HMRC and Companies House for two UK companies, one dormant and another dissolved. It's my first time so I want to get an accountant to look at the details before submitting. Do any of you have an idea of a budget for this? Would you recommend anyone?

Next week I'm off for a vaccine shot, then on holidays, so I'll see you in September!

Thanks,

Miguel

Ward Hills

Jul 20, 2021, 10:01:53 AM7/20/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Miguel,
HMRC has a very good online system for doing this.  You need to create an account, which involves being sent a "Government Gateway ID" and can take a week or so.  Once you have that you can access the online form.  Completing that form is really answering a set of questions.

You could pay an accountant to look at it but they might want to get a formal relationship in place.  If the companies are not going to operate in the future this might be expensive.  You might be able to get someone to look over your numbers before you do the online form.  My guess, and it is only a guess is that this would be a few hundred pounds.   I don't know of any accounts who would do a one-off review like this.  I use PEM in Cambridge for ongoing companies

I have always just used the HMRC form when filing for  dormant companies.

Hope that helps.

Isaac Johnson

Jul 21, 2021, 1:04:48 PM7/21/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hi Miguel,
Not sure if they do one-off reviews but we were recommended CKLG Accountants (https://cklg.co.uk/) who have been really helpful getting our company up and running for a reasonable price. Their "pick & mix" style of costing with transparent breakdown seemed great and helped us select only the services we needed. We corresponded with Alex Graham, Business Services Manager, who was more than happy to take the time to answer all our questions.
Best wishes,
Isaac

Miguel Morin

Oct 14, 2021, 3:23:55 AM10/14/21
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ward!

I hope all is well. I'm sorry to have taken this long to respond.

I checked the online form, Company Accounts and Tax Online (CATO, https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/cato ), and found it wonderful! It's for all unaudited companies, including dormant and micro-entity, and so could be very useful for most companies in the Office Hours group.

Thank you very much for the suggestion,

Miguel Morin