Verinnogen

Isaac Johnson

Mar 25, 2022, 12:11:02 PM3/25/22
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hi All,

As mentioned at Office Hours today, Verinnogen was selected for the Panacea Stars Develop programme for which our first challenge is to expand our network by 100 contacts by the 1st April. It would be fantastic to hear any recommendations/potential introductions from people. It could be anything from people who have started companies, those in the cancer, life sciences, or medtech sector to business development and strategy. Our top scoring channel at the moment has brought about 13 potential contacts so hoping OH can top that ;)

Here's a bit of information about us:
Transforming the interface between the physical and the digital, Verinnogen's contact-based profiling technology looks to provide more accurate, more reliable drug efficacy data to pre-clinical cancer scientists bringing treatments to patients faster.

Over 2.5 million laboratory animals are used every year for cancer research, where the effect of cutting-edge therapeutics on engrafted tumours in mice are still being assessed using basic callipers that are out-dated and variable. This technique is associated with over 27% operator variability that can halt or even shelve projects, costing academic and commercial laboratories billions worldwide. Our device incorporates technology that physically replicates 3D profiles, leading to surface reconstruction less impacted by environmental factors compared to optical methods, giving fast, reliable, and accurate volume estimations that integrate into existing calliper workflows. Utilising the relatively unregulated animal market as revenue-generating proving grounds, we will become a medical device company in the future by bringing the technology forward to solve clear, unmet human needs such as monitoring joint inflammation and others. We're looking to raise capital through a Pre-seed/Seed round to bring our prototype forward, with numerous cancer research laboratories keen to test our technology, a key step towards market entry. Exciting new cancer treatments, hard-working researchers, and laboratory mice deserve better, so let's bring this key measurement back into the 21st Century.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Isaac Johnson
CEO, Verinnogen