Tomorrow

Mark R

Sep 22, 2022, 3:19:05 PM9/22/22
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hello folks, are we meeting tomorrow?   Does anyone have a topic to table?

jaso...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2022, 3:01:47 AM9/23/22
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of updates and a question I would like to bring, which is in fact a challenge.

However ( or also ) as Eric Pan is specially in town and spoke at Makespace last night I am going to try to cheekily reach out and ask if he could give us some time to quiz him.

Simon Ford invited him over and so if anyone is in contact with Simon and I am cold calling might you be willing to reinforce this request ?

Bio : Eric Pan, Founder of Seeed Studio, Founder of the first Maker Space in Shenzhen, Producer of Maker Faire Shenzhen, and one of the original Maker Movement pioneers!

I also intend to ask Simon Ford if he would be a guest at Office Hours sometime as he is a serial entrepreneur with a early stage start-up at the seed stage. A recent big exit was the acquisition of Simon´s IOT (Internet Of Things) start-up which he sold to ARM and it became the basis of their IOT department with currently 300 employees.

Any takers ?

Best WIshes,
Jason
Jason Malcolm

Ward @ Albion

Sep 23, 2022, 3:42:58 AM9/23/22
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com, jaso...@gmail.com

Jason, Mark, Thanks

Jason,

    if you have a challenge to put to the group perhaps we could do that Either this or next week? ( I can be in Makespace today)

    What is the nature of the challenge?

    I don't know if you have been with us when we have done the challenges but it works something along the lines of the presenter for the week has about 5 min(perhaps 10min if it is a pitch deck) to introduce the business or particular challenge facing the business. There is then a 10min Q&A in which the Group seeks more information and clarifications about the situation and challenge; only questions no advice nor recommendations. Once everyone is reasonably satisfied, we move on to feedback and recommendations. In this last 10min, the original presenters says nothing and just listens to the Group's feedback. At the end you might be asked what you thought of the feedback, and are invited to return in future weeks to keep us updated.

    It is often a good idea to do some promotion in the week leading up to a challenge so we can get people there with a particular interest in the topic.

    Let me know, I am happy to chair a good challenge.

    Best,

    Ward

Timothy Johnson

Sep 23, 2022, 5:54:28 AM9/23/22
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com, jaso...@gmail.com
Hi All,

I'll be attending virtually today if it's on but happy to use some of the time to plan/discuss topics/invited speakers for the coming sessions and then advertise as needed on the run up to them.

Best,
Isaac

Mark R

Sep 23, 2022, 6:51:40 AM9/23/22
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com, jaso...@gmail.com
That sounds good.  I will also be virtual.  I would be happy to help with guests/scheduling.  Shall we share a GDoc with speakers?

Mark

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/office-hours-cammakespace/CANauASjqUfyCX0%3D-b_KbBoOYjH_-rvDsc66rmX1C883ML%3D_oHg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Mark Rogers,