Verinnogen, alternative, competitive solution?

ward

Oct 1, 2022, 2:30:45 AM10/1/22
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com
Isaac,

I saw this (photo below) in this week's Nature Journal.

It seems it might be, at least in functionality, close to your solution.  Seems to be a different core technology, bit might be interesting to look at it in terms of the implied cost, scalability and suitability in Verinnogen's and adjacent markets.

Anyway, shows there is a real problem to solve and value to be created in the space; People are spending resources to solve it.

Best,
Ward

Timothy Johnson

Oct 1, 2022, 4:30:19 AM10/1/22
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ward,

Thanks for this. We saw the research paper this refers to (attached it here in case you're interested) and certainly interesting. There are a couple of reasons why we think this tech will be difficult to sell. We've heard concerns about the fact the animal has to be housed alone to prevent another mouse gnawing at it, among other things. However, as you say its good confirmation on the problem and actually I was wondering whether their stretch sensor could be incorporated into our device to provide an additional metric on force.

If you read through the paper it would be really interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Best,
Isaac

sciadv.abn6550 (1).pdf

Crispin Sinclair

Oct 3, 2022, 10:49:04 AM10/3/22
to office-hours...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ward,

Just to confirm, I will be coming into MakeSpace in person for the presentation on Friday, midday.

I will have the ‘Conker Bike’ with me.

Does this all sound OK? I wanted to double-check that this is not an online-only event

Kind regards,

Crispin

Crispin Sinclair

9 The Footpath