Tomorrow's meeting

Mark R

Oct 27, 2022, 12:31:55 PM10/27/22
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Borrowing from Ward's template.  Planning to ask Aaron Johnston to speak (see below)

This week in the Office Hours Group we are talking about DAOs . Aaron Johnston will be leading the discussion.

Join us each Friday, all welcome. We meet at Makespace in Cambridge and on-line.

You can RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Makespace/events/285611146/

Here is what Aaron has written about his challenge:

I have a stalled project to develop a Web3 community to address the shortage of skilled caregivers. I have formed a small founding team but I am stuck at the point of needing to write the WhitePaper. I’d appreciate anyone who can share their experience forming a DAO, or any contacts in Cambridge (or environs) who have experience building a DAO.

About the Office Hours Group: www.officehoursgroup.net

Founded on the principle that all business face similar challenges, therefore business leaders can learn from watching each other solve problems regardless of industry and stage of business, Office Hours is a weekly peer-to-peer session in which businesspeople can get direct and relevant insight into specific challenges facing their business. Each week a member of the group presents a challenge they are facing in their business to other businesspeople who then question, explore and provide feedback.

Mark R

Oct 28, 2022, 5:13:49 AM10/28/22
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Apologies I meant to add this to explain what a DAO was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralized_autonomous_organization

"... an organization constructed by rules encoded as a computer program that is often transparent, controlled by the organization's members and not influenced by a central government. In general terms, DAOs are member-owned communities without centralized leadership.[1][2] A DAO's financial transaction records and program rules are maintained on a blockchain"