D&O Premium Question

Ward Hills

Jul 21, 2021, 5:48:49 AM7/21/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
I just received quotes for Directors&Officers insurance at 2 companies.  The premiums have increased 80% over the last year.  Nothing has changed in the companies. The explanation we have been given is “The Directors & Officers Liability Insurance market has experienced premium rate increases for this form of Insurance over the last 18 months due to an upward trend in claims and unfortunately the COVID-19 pandemic has only increased the risk for Directors, Officers and Trustees which has now also seen an adverse impact for our Trustee Liability policyholders.

Have any of you seen this type of increase in premiums?  If so have you been able to argue them down at all?

- Ward

Tomaž Slivnik

Jul 21, 2021, 1:32:41 PM7/21/21
to Ward Hills, office-hours...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps more companies than before are going under, plus a bit of "bueno estente doctor Bubakles."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJh0pDMnL8M