Foundable - Tech Consulting for Early Stage Founders

Evan Morgan

Jun 14, 2021, 9:18:51 AM6/14/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hi guys,

As discussed on Friday, our website launched today and we'd love to know what you think! We built it with Squarespace for the moment, but will be transitioning to our own codebase once we have the time to build a v2, we've also made a Twitter account for anybody interested in following us!

All feedback is appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Best regards
Evan Morgan

Ward Hills

Jun 15, 2021, 8:41:10 AM6/15/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Evan,

The site looks good.  I suggest we make it, and websites in general,  the topic for this week.

BTW - How are you tracking the site’s success?  Is it site views or are you driving activies elsewhere?

Best,
Ward

Evan Morgan

Jun 16, 2021, 9:23:48 AM6/16/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Thanks Ward! I've decided to use the opportunity to write a blog post about getting your startup online which includes some basic design tips and can show a few slides on Friday which are takeaways from that.

Our main metrics are number of emails sent to us through the websites contact form, number of unique visits and time spent in the blog section of the site. The website's purpose is to educate and attract potential customers who have already got a loose idea of what we do, through talking to us in person or through social media and then to convert them into contacts, once they've contacted us we convert them into clients. So each of the previous metrics are about warming up those cold leads as much as we can and then eventually the contact.

Best regards,
Evan

Robert R

Jun 17, 2021, 2:01:33 AM6/17/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
I like the site very much: quick, easy to read.  Who is your market target?

If they are pre-revenue and you are looking for a stake in their business, how do you qualify your prospects?

Mark

Evan Morgan

Jun 17, 2021, 10:56:24 AM6/17/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback, our target is subject matter experts looking to develop a software application within their field of expertise e.g. doctors wanting to build a medical platform, educators with a teaching app idea, etc.

While equity would be an acceptable method of payment in the future, currently we'd like to be revenue generating as soon as we can, so instead we're offering flexible payment models to our prospects. Any other questions/thoughts, please let me know!

Best regards
Evan

Ward Hills

Jun 18, 2021, 8:05:46 AM6/18/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Evan, Tahani,  Thanks very much for the presentation and the thoughts.  I look forward to learning more.  Could you write a few words for a post on the Officehoursgroup.net website; just a quick summary and a link back to your website? Also perhaps a logo to add to the site, agin will link that back to your site?

Best,
Ward

Evan Morgan

Jun 21, 2021, 11:25:56 AM6/21/21
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Sure thing, thanks Ward!

Here's a short description:

Great ideas come from everywhere, and often they require some form of tech to support them. But hiring a team to plan and execute your vision, be it employees, consultants, or freelancers, can be a frustrating, time-consuming, and often expensive experience. That's why we founded Foundable. As a start-up ourselves, we are uniquely placed to advise founders on their new venture. Visit https://www.foundable.io for more info!

Attached are two options for logo - one simpler, the other is our Twitter banner which has a few nice edits to it depending on what style you see these posts being.

Best regards
Evan
twitterBanner.png
logoLong.png