Free IP Roadmapping Consultancy for Startups - MPhil project

jannik.fritz

Jun 21, 2022, 12:56:07 PM6/21/22
to Office Hours @cammakespace
Hello everyone,

thank you for letting me join your Office Hour on the 10th of July and giving me valuable feedback! Attached, you will find more information, as promised.

TLDR:
If you are interested in participating, we still have a couple of spots left in the week from 27th of June until 30th of June and July 2nd until July 5th. The workshop will be done online and will take 3 hours. If the founding team, at least two people, could participate, it would be great, but any other team member is welcomed as well. Please write me suitable time slots, a couple of lines about your startup/link to website, who will be participating and on a scale of 1-7, how much you know already about IP (patents, trademarks, etc.)

Looking forward to meeting you,
Jannik

Information about the workshop

I am a current part-time MPhil student under Dr Frank Tietze writing my thesis about IP roadmapping tools for deeptech software and hardware startups at the IfM here in Cambridge. I also worked for a Venture Capital fund in Germany, LEA Partners (€700Mio. in assets), focussed on deeptech software startups. Although IP is a major value driver for investors, I noticed that there is a lack in tools for early stage startups to properly assess and plan IP strategy early on. I will be basing my research on Dr Frank Tietze's (Associate Professor at IfM Cambridge) and Tianyi Wang's Cambridge PhD work and will tailor current IP roadmapping templates towards deeptech startups, constantly testing and evaluating changes to the template. To test the template and workshop, I am looking for deeptech startups to participate. Ideally, startups would be at a post incubation/pre-seed stage, meaning that there is clarity about the product.

P.S. a couple of further clarifying answers:

  1. What commitment are you looking for from the companies? Would it be just one person from each company?  Which person would be best to participate?
    1. I am looking for a max. 3 hour commitment, usually takes 2 hours plus 30 minutes evaluation. The workshop will be held preferably in person at the IfM in Cambridge, but can also be held online. It would be best to have the founding team participate, but one person from the founding team in addition to another team member is also sufficient. Minimum is two people to get a discussion going, or single founder and another team member.
  1. How will the company benefit from participating?
    1. They will develop with us an IP roadmap over short, medium and longterm time horizons in combination with their business objectives. This can help the startups to clarify their product roadmap in terms of IP, but also have a finished canvas that can be used to communicate product strategy with Venture Capitalists.
Jannik_Fritz_WorkshopHandout.pdf