Bunker Hill Photos from 1940

51 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Bill Aurther

lukematon,
1.5.2018 klo 13.28.181.5.2018
vastaanottaja offbunkerhill
Attached are two photos from 1940 on 3rd st the main artery for bunker hill in those days. My dad, William Dutch Aurther was responsible for the pictures being taken and I was the four year old in both pictures, hope y'all can connect with some of the people in the two pictures. FYI, We lived in Princess Courts @ 316 West Hope street during those times and until 1946 when my dad passed away from TB, he smoke and drank to much, but as a local horse racing bookie working for the underworld you did all your work in the local bars.
Bunker Hills Boy Club #2.jpg
Bunker Hills Boy Club #2.jpg

Jim Dawson

lukematon,
2.5.2018 klo 12.33.342.5.2018
vastaanottaja offbun...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bill,

Thanks for sending along the photos. I'd like to hear some more about those days.

I wonder how many people you knew back then are still around, and where might they be?

I'll put something on my Bunker Hill page soon.

Talk to you soon.

Jim Dawson

To learn more about Lost L.A, visit the 1947project time travel blogs
On Bunker Hill http://www.onbunkerhill.org
1947project http://www.1947project.com
In SRO Land http://www.insroland.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "offbunkerhill" group.

Nathan Marsak

lukematon,
1.3.2020 klo 17.56.291.3.2020

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 10:28:18 AM UTC-7, Bill Aurther wrote:
Attached are two photos from 1940 on 3rd st the main artery for bunker hill in those days. My dad, William Dutch Aurther was responsible for the pictures being taken and I was the four year old in both pictures, hope y'all can connect with some of the people in the two pictures. FYI, We lived in Princess Courts @ 316 West Hope street during those times and until 1946 when my dad passed away from TB, he smoke and drank to much, but as a local horse racing bookie working for the underworld you did all your work in the local bars.

Hi Bill!

Still out there?  I'd like to talk to you about these pictures and your time on Bunker Hill.

Nathan Marsak

oldbunkerhill at gmail.com

tours

lukematon,
20.9.2021 klo 9.58.5020.9.2021
vastaanottaja offbunkerhill
And here's Nathan's fascinating blog post based on his conversations with Bunker Hill's own Bill Aurther:

Thanks, Bill and Nathan, for the time travel trip!

cheers,
Kim

Joan Renner

lukematon,