An artist's view of Angels Flight and old Bunker Hill

Kim Cooper

Jan 1, 2013, 11:20:05 PM1/1/13
to offbunkerhill
A friend found this lovely memorial illustration on Tumblr, and I
don't think I've seen this anywhere before. Does anyone recognize the
image or the maker?

http://chynnaclugstonflores.tumblr.com/post/22692841984/while-lamenting-the-loss-of-the-old-buildings-in

Robert Watkins

Jan 2, 2013, 1:04:12 AM1/2/13
to offbun...@googlegroups.com
A google image search reveals it is the work of Paul Rogers. More amazing Ben Shahn inspired work at his website, http://paulrogersstudio.com. Be sure to check out his "Some Taco Stands That I've Never Eaten At" series!

To learn more about Lost L.A, visit the 1947project time travel blogs
On Bunker Hill http://www.onbunkerhill.org
1947project http://www.1947project.com
In SRO Land http://www.insroland.org

Kim Cooper

Jan 2, 2013, 1:27:31 AM1/2/13
to offbunkerhill
Oh, hey--right you are. Thanks! (I'd tried a tineye image search and
got nowhere.) There are quite a few neat LA images in his portfolio.

On Jan 1, 10:04 pm, Robert Watkins <robertdwatk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A google image search reveals it is the work of Paul Rogers. More amazing
> Ben Shahn inspired work at his website,http://paulrogersstudio.com. Be

Kim Cooper

Feb 1, 2014, 3:34:55 PM2/1/14
to offbun...@googlegroups.com
Fun fact: Paul Rogers agreed to design the cover art for my debut mystery novel, "The Kept Girl," released today in paperback and for the Kindle.

Thank you, Robert, for helping me discover the name of this gifted artist, making this collaboration possible.

Here's the book link, where you can see Paul's work and read the first chapter:

And stay tuned to the events page on the book website, for announcements of book parties, readings and special events through February and beyond:

Kim

Robert Watkins

Feb 2, 2014, 10:43:35 PM2/2/14
to offbun...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome! And congratulations on your book! The cover is fabulous. I am looking forward to reading it and someday joining you and Richard on a tour or at a LAVA event as I recently returned to L.A. from many years abroad.

Best,
Robert

To learn more about Lost L.A, visit the 1947project time travel blogs
On Bunker Hill http://www.onbunkerhill.org
1947project http://www.1947project.com
In SRO Land http://www.insroland.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "offbunkerhill" group.

Kim Cooper

Feb 4, 2014, 11:16:08 AM2/4/14
to offbun...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back--we look forward to meeting you... perhaps on the free LAVA walking tour of John Parkinson buildings after the February 23 Sunday Salon:

lori schwartz

Feb 8, 2014, 11:11:02 AM2/8/14
to offbun...@googlegroups.com
Just bought my book!  Looking forward to reading it.  I also love the cover.

Michael Chean

Feb 10, 2014, 7:26:14 PM2/10/14
to offbun...@googlegroups.com
The artist has copies of some of his works for sell.  Contact him directly.