list of Open Source libs, platforms, apps?

elf Pavlik

Jan 11, 2012, 7:55:50 AM1/11/12
to oexchange
Hello,

Can I find somewhere (or if now start) a list of Open Source software which adpted(adopts) oExchange?

I see this one for Wordpress:
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/oexchange/

but maybe people work on publisher capacities for Drupal, Elgg etc...

I also would like to have a list of open source apps which provide services consuming it =)

Cheers!
~ elf Pavlik ~

--
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)
http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper

Laurent-Walter Goix

Aug 8, 2012, 5:17:38 AM8/8/12
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
It would indeed be interesting to know whether OExchange buttons are available to foster its adoption. I am thinking at buttons similar to the ones provided in the OExchange demo that would allow Endpoints to be easily "added" to some preferences, and the counterpart for websites where to display a generic button for oexchange services that could also "read" these preferences.

alternatively do you know of any generic browser plugin/add-on? the addthis plugin could partially do the job but is tighten to addthis service (and to their list of endpoints...)

walter

elf Pavlik

Aug 8, 2012, 5:25:11 AM8/8/12
to Laurent-Walter Goix, oexchange
Excerpts from Laurent-Walter Goix's message of 2012-08-08 09:17:38 +0000:
> It would indeed be interesting to know whether OExchange buttons are
> available to foster its adoption. I am thinking at buttons similar to the
> ones provided in the OExchange demo that would allow Endpoints to be easily
> "added" to some preferences, and the counterpart for websites where to
> display a generic button for oexchange services that could also "read"
> these preferences.
>
> alternatively do you know of any generic browser plugin/add-on? the addthis
> plugin could partially do the job but is tighten to addthis service (and to
> their list of endpoints...)
>
> walter

hi, it seams like http://webintents.org group works with such challenges nowadays... i still need to read up more on it myself... cheers!

Charlie Reverte

Aug 8, 2012, 6:01:02 PM8/8/12
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
I'm very interested in plugins that would enable any forum to become an oexchange-enabled sharing target, complete with discovery.  Would be a great way to grow the number of eligible sites from thousands by a few orders of magnitude.  Have you seen any work done in this area?

laurentwa...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2012, 3:11:37 AM8/9/12
to oexc...@googlegroups.com, oexc...@googlegroups.com
Not yet, although the webintents activity mentionned by elf do seem to cover the code/lib part besides the spec. One of the intents defined so far is "share", but from a spec perspective the target API is not exactly like oexchange, neither the registration/discovery process (that could valuably borrow from ietf hostmeta/wf)

Is anyone involved in that initiative to better understand the rationale behind the current spec and possibly a "common" evolution?
--
You are subscribed to the OExchange list, archived at http://groups.google.com/group/oexchange.
To post to the list, send email to oexc...@googlegroups.com