User authentication before submission

SkilliPedia

Jun 3, 2011, 12:06:07 PM6/3/11
to OExchange

Most social networks ask users to log in before adding URLs. Is that
compliant with oExchange as new users will see the login page instead
of submission page?

Thanks

Will Meyer

Jun 4, 2011, 8:28:10 AM6/4/11
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
Sure is, and is a pretty common case discussed in the spec. Just make
sure the redirect back to the submission, post-signin, preserves the
params given by the source originally.

> --
> You are subscribed to the OExchange list, archived at http://groups.google.com/group/oexchange.
> To post to the list, send email to oexc...@googlegroups.com

Charlie Reverte

Jun 6, 2011, 9:40:58 AM6/6/11
to OExchange
For these types of sites, our best practices guide recommends adding
login
page messaging to welcome new users who entered via an oexchange share
and
encourage them to sign up, etc:

http://www.oexchange.org/tools/bestpractices/

C*