Fashiolista implementing OExchange

Thierry

Jul 20, 2010, 11:28:43 AM7/20/10
to OExchange
Great to see such a well documented standard.

Currently updating the offer target at fashiolista to work with this
standard.
Almost done :)

However our preferred scraping method is client side.
In the fashion market this is preferable because:
- sites are often slow, double request can cause considerable wait for
end users
- rendered size of pictures is often a better predictor for finding
the main image than image sizes
- sites with specific user sessions or authentication work

Is there any room in the standaard for js based scraping.
I assume there's not because of safety issues.
But let me know if you have any tips for us!

About Fashiolista:
Fashiolista.com is a social shopping site aimed at the fashion market.
Currently experiencing rapid growth in its niche.
http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2010/06/29/fashiolista-celebrates-1-million-love-button-clicks-after-launching-at-the-next-web-conference/