Are there any other sites like "addthis.com" that support OExchange?

A.J. Scott

Mar 9, 2013, 6:02:03 PM3/9/13
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking around, but not even ShareThis uses OExchange.

Laurent-Walter Goix

Mar 11, 2013, 12:31:20 PM3/11/13
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
i'd be interested as well.

besides, it would be valuable to have a freely available library for sharing using any oexchange-compliant website that could be based on the current link eater demo and could be plugged into existing websites. addthis does something similar but is limited to only a subset of services, subject to their approval: as such, very small/personal websites cannot fit in. one could also think about a firefox/chrome plugin that would freely allow to add/share with *any* oexchange compliant service...
This may actually give more emphasis to oexchange, which is still unknown from the public...

walter

Will Meyer

Mar 26, 2013, 9:04:39 AM3/26/13
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
There aren't any other aggregators that we know of, just all the provider-side implementations.  FYI as its related to the theme of your question, also look into WebIntents as you're looking for tools and ways to plug in services.

P.S. AddThis also supports WebIntents both as client and as a proxy for oexchange services.

Laurent-Walter Goix

Mar 27, 2013, 7:00:12 AM3/27/13
to oexc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks will for the hint. I looked at webintents and actually got it to work quite easily for the share intent. however it is much less powerful than oex in my view and does not seem to be widely supported neither by browsers nor by websites. are you aware of plans into that direction?

otherwise could eventually addthis open up to accept any oexchange service and not only after a formal/manual verification process as of now? i would assume that as the social web goes distributed many local social networks could popup with a few users only that would like to share on their own and not the usual bigs. i do believe there would be value for you to still act as a broker in that sense.

cheers
walter