Re: [OERPUB Team] Undomanager, evolving standard in W3C which can solve Aloha's undo capabilities

14 vues

Kathi Fletcher

non lue,
29 avr. 2013, 23:34:0229/04/2013
à oerpub-t...@googlegroups.com,oerpu...@googlegroups.com,Rhaptos software development list
Added oerpub-dev also because undo for structured editing is an important topic of interest to a bunch of us.

We have been talking about Aloha's undo and our editor plugins. Right now, the browser undo (very natural to use) doesn't really work, because the editor has event listeners that don't get reapplied on undo, and any state that editor and plugins have in memory doesn't get redone well. And the current Aloha snapshots are time based, which results in odd behavior from a user's perspective (can't predict what you are going back to) and the cursor position is lost if you don't do a bunch of work to keep track of where it should end up.

Marvin, how does this upcoming undomanager help specifically?

Kathi

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Marvin Reimer <there...@gmail.com> wrote:
Firefox 20 (released early April) is the first one which supports Undomanager, a W3C spec which will solve contenteditable undo actions. But it is for now disabled by default.
So hopefully Chrome and Firefox will enable this by default soon.

Information about Undomanager:

Marvin Reimer

Katherine Fletcher, kathi.f...@gmail.com
Répondre à tous